PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Device Issue: No USB keyboard after Ubuntu 15.10 update

jim124
October 8th, 2015, 06:05 AM
After my last update, my Ubuntu box has become very unstable, and my USB keyboard now longer works.
It's not my bios, as the keyboard works during startup -- the problem starts at user login, apparently once the system drivers load.
I noticed that in my driver settings, I have an intel device (micro controller?) that indicates "not working", but previously it was fine. It apparently got updated and may be part of the problem.
I'd have tried a few things at this point but...I don't have a working keyboard'! :( The machine only has USB ports, so I don't have an immediate solution for a KB during a normal desktop boot.

Does anyone know of any way of addressing a problem like this? I've tried safe mode, but the safe mode menu doesn't appear to work.
Would booting via an install drive be helpful? If so is there some way I can boot via the thumb drive and then modify my local install?
I'm open to other suggestions...

So in summary, if there's some way to fix this up and save me a complete reinstall, I'm all ears.
(PS: I've got past unix experience, but I'm "new" to Ubuntu desktop)