PDA

View Full Version : Xubuntu 15.04 upgrade fails reinstall also failes

latinhawk
October 6th, 2015, 04:25 AM
For the last two days I have been unable to complete an upgrade. I was left with an unusable machine. I eventually caved in and went for a fresh install. I downloaded the minimal install but it fails when it tries to install Linux generic. I tried version 3.19.0-30 generic and version 3.19.0.22 generic. I have spent many hours on this but can't complete the installation. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

yancek
October 6th, 2015, 05:16 AM
You will need to be more specific that "it fails". I've never used the minimal install so I don't know what options you have. Did you verify the download with an md5 checksum?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

latinhawk
October 6th, 2015, 10:12 AM
The minimal install went fine. The rest is downloaded as it installs. Al goes fine until Linux generic then it gives the failure. Once you get to that point you restart downloading the missing parts as you did in the beginning. After more than half an hour the same error. This is the same item where the update on the original install failed. So I think there must be an issue with what is stored for download.