PDA

View Full Version : After running into the UEFI brick wall for USB

Boyntonstu
September 28th, 2015, 11:30 PM
After running into the UEFI brick wall I got to thinking about installed double boot. Why am I knocking my head against the wall in order to carry Lubuntu on a 32GB USB? I would rather boot into Lubuntu, surf the web, etc. and if necessary use Win 7 or 8.1 space for data storage, and for specialized programs. So, why not use 32 GB of HD for Lubuntu and leave it at that? Is there any compelling reason for Lubuntu to use more than 32 GB given the above?

grahammechanical
September 28th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Please do not shout.

QIII
September 28th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Please use the default font and size. Use bold, italic, etc only for reasonable emphasis on a particular item.

ubfan1
September 29th, 2015, 12:18 AM
A swap and root partition will fit easily in 32G, and you will be much happier with the performance of the HDD over the USB.

Dennis N
September 29th, 2015, 12:41 AM
I normally allocate 25-30 GB for each OS that I install. I also have a separate partition of 80 gB for shared files between all the OSes on my disk (like music) but only 35 of that is being used. If you multi-boot, I recommend doing that. The hard disk install will run circles around a USB stick install. Go for it.