PDA

View Full Version : Restoring privileges for icons folder

barkerson
September 27th, 2015, 07:01 PM
So after manually moving and merging files (through the terminal) for a compiled version of Krita I have now managed to screw up the folder/file privileges for icons, everything else seems to work without issues except for having no icons whatsoever. I'm not sure exactly how to change the permissions to make icons work either. Any good ideas on how to fix this?

v3.xx
September 28th, 2015, 03:41 PM
And you have no error messages to work with?

barkerson
September 28th, 2015, 04:45 PM
software center is the only program to refuse, it says:

(software-center:4413): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading image 'file:///usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/assets/entry.png': Unrecognized image file format

(software-center:4413): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading image 'file:///usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/assets/entry-disabled.png': Unrecognized image file format
2015-09-28 17:41:42,788 - softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app - INFO - setting up proxy 'None'

(software-center:4413): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading image 'file:///usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/assets/button-active.png': Unrecognized image file format
2015-09-28 17:41:43,896 - softwarecenter.region - WARNING - failed to use geoclue: 'org.freedesktop.Geoclue.Error.notAvailable: Geoclue master client has no usable Address providers'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 130, in <module>
app = SoftwareCenterAppGtk3(options, args)
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line 407, in __init__
self.icons)
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/historypane.py", line 79, in __init__
self._get_emblems(self.icons)
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/historypane.py", line 199, in _get_emblems
pb = icons.load_icon(emblem, self.ICON_SIZE, 0)
GLib.Error: gdk-pixbuf-error-quark: Unrecognized image file format (3)

guess this is what I should expect happen when using gksudo rsunc to move files, my luck

v3.xx
September 28th, 2015, 06:37 PM
I do not use the software center and have not "gksudo rsync" anything, but do use "gksudo nemo" to move files. Big difference though.

For me, this sums it up.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2296524&p=13362940#post13362940

barkerson
September 28th, 2015, 07:16 PM
nonono, it's not the update center itself I was having issues with, it's just that it's the only way I can seem to find anything about any errors, I usually use apt-get to install programs myself as I find that to be quicker that waiting for the UI to load up.
These (http://i.imgur.com/AYDc9t9.png) are the issues I have to deal with

v3.xx
September 28th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Wow, that’s rather drab looking.

And I lack the krita (kde) skills to assist any farther, sorry.

Good luck :)

barkerson
September 29th, 2015, 06:20 PM
welp, looks like installing Krita (old version) broke Krita but fixed ubuntu, looks like I'll just have to wait for Krita 2.9.7 to hit ubuntu sometime in the future, man does not being able to fully compress the project files suck

oldos2er
September 30th, 2015, 12:30 AM
There's a PPA: https://launchpad.net/~dimula73/+archive/ubuntu/krita

barkerson
September 30th, 2015, 05:07 PM
That's still 2.9.2 for me, adding ppa, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, installing Krita still gives me version 2.9.2. Don't know what's up with that...

oldos2er
September 30th, 2015, 11:10 PM
You probably need to run
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade instead of just "upgrade."

barkerson
October 1st, 2015, 03:27 PM
just wiping and recompiling worked fine to me, not sure why though