PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Re-arrange icons in taskbar

JawasDennu
September 24th, 2015, 02:11 AM
I refer to a post from May 23rd 2013. Im using Lubuntu 14.04 LTS, complete fresh installation and i also miss the option to move the icons in the taskbar. For example: The taskbar shows the icons for Firefox, Thunderbird and Filezilla from left to right. Sometimes ago it was possible to drag (eg) the Firefox-Icon to another position - even under LXDE. This might depend on a side effect of installing it ontop after installing Ubuntu and Plasma some month ago. Please don't ask - this installation was a try-and-error-evaluation.

As we see, it's possible to provide this functionality. I don't want to do with an STS-version like 15.04 or 15.10, i prefer LTS for a productivity environment and machines i configure for my folks.

Is there any chance to get this functionality, though? This would be highly apreciated.

Thanks in advance and kid regards

Jawas

vasa1
September 24th, 2015, 02:40 AM
I refer to a post from May 23rd 2013. ...
Could you be specific?

Dennis N
September 24th, 2015, 03:32 AM
Is there any chance to get this functionality, though? This would be highly apreciated.
This doesn't seem to be possible in either LXDE or XFCE as far as I can see. You do have this functionality in the MATE desktop environment. So there is a choice for you.

Rex Bouwense
September 24th, 2015, 05:24 PM
While the drag and drop option may not be available to you, there is a way to reorder the quick launch icons if that is what you referring to. Right click any open space on your LXPanel and choose Add/Remove Panel items. This will open a new window. Choose Application Launch Bar and then edit. On the left side of the window you will see the applications that are on the Application Launch Bar. Move them up or down according to your desires. Once you are done, merely close the window. Hopefully that is what you are looking for.