PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Windows 10 Ununtu 14.04.3 Installer Does Not Detect Another OS

coljohnhannibalsmith
September 22nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
Hello,

I have been trying to create a dual boot system with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 14.04.3. The installer failed to detect another OS and this caused a catastrophic failure by erasing my entire Windows 10 build. When I tried this again I was careful not to hastily press any buttons and therefore avoided a similar outcome. Is there anyone who knows how to do this correctly? Will I have to use the 15.04 installer instead?

https://annashope.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/dreamstime_18583772.jpg

Thanks, Hannibal

Bucky Ball
September 22nd, 2015, 10:29 AM
Boot to Windows and switch off hibernation. That's why it didn't see the Windows partition. The partition has to be closed. If you have hibernation set, which is by default, it is not.

Doesn't make any difference what release of Ubuntu you use. If hibernation is on you will get exactly the same result.

coljohnhannibalsmith
September 25th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Boot to Windows and switch off hibernation. That's why it didn't see the Windows partition. The partition has to be closed. If you have hibernation set, which is by default, it is not.

Doesn't make any difference what release of Ubuntu you use. If hibernation is on you will get exactly the same result.

This worked, thanks.

Bucky Ball
September 25th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Good news. :)