PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't install Ubuntu 12,14.. in ASUS X53Z Notebook which have AMD E2 APU processor

Tharun_G
September 19th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone,
I am using Asus X53Z Notebook which have AMD E2-3000 APU processor and 6GB RAM.
I can only use Ubuntu 10.10 but it dont have the driver support for this model.
So i'm try to install Ubuntu 11,12,13,14 versions i cant install it.I attached a picture of some message ..
while installing,it says "[package] has zero elements " after that only blank screen... Anybody have any idea about this issue.
please reply as soon as possible :sad:

Bucky Ball
September 19th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Welcome. For starters, forget about everything but 14.04 LTS (supported until 2019) and 15.04 (January 2016). The others you mention are not supported any longer so a waste of time.

Please give full details of your adventure: how did you create the install media; did you check it for defects prior to the install; at what stage of the install is this happening; did you 'Try Ubuntu' from the options when you boot from the live media (the Ubuntu install media)?

Have a look at the third link in my signature and try again. The more info you can give us, the more chance there is we can help you. :)

PS: Always have a quick, or long, look about prior to posting. See here (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=[package]+has+zero+elements+ubuntu). If you don't get a fix, might get some clues. Be very careful about trying things randomly, though. Best to ask here first.