PDA

View Full Version : Secure Boot - a Microsoft project, or an NSA project?

jeff127
September 19th, 2015, 12:07 AM
It's well known that the NSA wants to... does... put malware in the firmware. With that in mind, who do you think is more interested in Secure Boot: Microsoft, or the NSA? The NSA works with tech companies to help "secure" hardware and software but as we know that's just a ruse to get source code and discover exploits, which the NSA keeps open for as long as possible. Is Secure Boot really a Microsoft initiative, or is it an NSA initiative?

In my opinion, only the NSA benefits from forcing users to declare what OS they're using. It's easier for them to craft a specific exploit when they know what distro and version you're running.

grahammechanical
September 19th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Where is your evidence? You do not provide any evidence for your claims.

You do realise, do you not, that by writing your post you have now made yourself a target for being monitored by the very agencies you claim are spying on you? Perhaps you are working for these very agencies and are trying to entrap members of this forum.

I vote that this thread be deleted as it is polically motivated.

ian-weisser
September 19th, 2015, 12:42 AM
I concur that this seems a thinly veiled (and common) XYZ-is-the-devil claim, both political and provocative, and inappropriate for this community forum.

CharlesA
September 19th, 2015, 01:09 AM
I concur that this seems a thinly veiled (and common) XYZ-is-the-devil claim, both political and provocative, and inappropriate for this community forum.

Agreed.

Thread closed.