PDA

View Full Version : Problems with /etc/apt/sources.list.d

juanuni
September 15th, 2015, 05:49 PM
When I make
apt-get update returns
Ignorando archivo «canonical_partner.list’» en directorio «/etc/apt/sources.list.d/» dado que tiene una extensión de nombre de archivo inválida
this can be translate like " Ignoring file "canonical_partner.list '' in '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' directory as it has an invalid filename extension ". How fix this? ​. Sorry for my English.

deadflowr
September 15th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Does the entry really show as canonical_partner.list' ? (notice the ' symbol at the end)
If so you might simply use something like move(mv)
I'd change directories first

cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
perhaps a quick ls (That's LS, but in small letters) to see the entries beforehand to double check.
then

sudo mv canonical_partner.list' canonical_partner.list
this should fix the messed up extension.

Hope it helps.

ajgreeny
September 15th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I note the information about you and your distro says you are using Distro: Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Can you confirm that is no longer the case as 10.04 is now out of support.

juanuni
September 15th, 2015, 11:58 PM
I note the information about you and your distro says you are using Distro: Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Can you confirm that is no longer the case as 10.04 is now out of support.
Sorry. I have my info outdated. I'm on Ubuntu minimal 14.04.

juanuni
September 16th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Does the entry really show as canonical_partner.list' ? (notice the ' symbol at the end)
If so you might simply use something like move(mv)
I'd change directories first

cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
perhaps a quick ls (That's LS, but in small letters) to see the entries beforehand to double check.
then

sudo mv canonical_partner.list' canonical_partner.list
this should fix the messed up extension.

Hope it helps.
No works

Bashing-om
September 16th, 2015, 12:12 AM
juanuni; Hello;

Perhaps we can spot the problem. Post back - between code tags - the output of terminal command:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list

an extra set of eyes ->

never did hurt a thing

deadflowr
September 16th, 2015, 03:43 AM
No works

Oops, you need to encapsulate it
try

sudo mv "canonical_partner.list'" canonical_partner.list

juanuni
September 16th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Oops, you need to encapsulate it
try

Ocurrs this:

mv: no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre «canonical_partner.list'»: No existe el archivo o el directorio
but the file exists.

PD:. constantly I must relogin to response. Is very frustrating.

QIII
September 16th, 2015, 05:48 AM
juanuni --

Hello!

I'm sorry about the fact that you have to log back in. Unfortunately, we can do nothing about that. Canonical IS has put a timeout on logins. None of us here works for Canonical, but they host the servers. I assure you that this has been brought to their attention, but we can do nothing further.

Thanks for understanding.

juanuni
September 16th, 2015, 05:48 AM
juanuni; Hello;

Perhaps we can spot the problem. Post back - between code tags - the output of terminal command:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list

an extra set of eyes ->

never did hurt a thing

the server forces me to relogin. Just works with fast responses like this.

juanuni
September 16th, 2015, 05:49 AM
the server forces me to relogin. Just works with fast responses like this. I cant write all output because the server forces me to relogin. >:(

QIII
September 16th, 2015, 05:51 AM
If I am not mistaken, you should have two hours before you have to log in again. Again, sorry. We can't change that.

juanuni
September 19th, 2015, 01:55 AM
juanuni --

Hello!

I'm sorry about the fact that you have to log back in. Unfortunately, we can do nothing about that. Canonical IS has put a timeout on logins. None of us here works for Canonical, but they host the servers. I assure you that this has been brought to their attention, but we can do nothing further.

Thanks for understanding.
No problem. I understand. :(

juanuni
September 19th, 2015, 01:55 AM
If I am not mistaken, you should have two hours before you have to log in again. Again, sorry. We can't change that.
No, only a few minutes.