PDA

View Full Version : the Canonical contributor licence agreement

Skaperen
September 13th, 2015, 01:03 PM
the Canonical contributor licence agreement is described at http://www.ubuntu.com/legal/contributors
scroll down there for the link to the actual form.

anyone know why they require a phone number?

as a hearing impaired person, i do not have a phone, and hence no phone number.

a lot of places don't think about this, such as Google.

or do they communicate with contributors only by voice?

flocculant
September 13th, 2015, 01:51 PM
anyone know why they require a phone number?Does it actually require one? Or is it just somewhere to put it?

If it does actually require one - I'd mail the CC and ask for help community-council@lists.ubuntu.com

CharlesA
September 14th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Looks like everything is required judging by the asterisks I got when I tried to submit a blank form.

There was a link at the bottom you could click if you had problems. It directed you to email the webmaster, but I don't know if they would be able to answer the questions you have.

ian-weisser
September 14th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Seems like an appropriate question for the ubuntu-devel mailing list (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel)
That's one of it's purposes.

lisati
September 14th, 2015, 11:05 PM
I don't know about why Canonical would find having a phone number useful, but Google has one of my numbers so it can send me text messages if needed for things like password recovery or confirmation that a sign-in attempt was really me.

Skaperen
September 15th, 2015, 09:50 AM
texting could change the reality of the deaf not having phones. back when i could hear, not too long ago, i did have a phone. but it was a twisted pair landline, which did not support texting. Google has that number from back then and continues to bug me for my mobile phone. i have been looking for a way to send and receive texts online which if i find, may mean i never get a mobile. we do not know if my hearing loss is permanent.