PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Install Ubuntu-Gnome 15.04 "something else" advanced options

RobertoRecordo
August 26th, 2015, 06:05 AM
I am in the middle of re-partitioning (separate home folder, room for installing a second distro) and installing Ubuntu-Gnome 15.04 amd64.

The release notes warn

Installation freezing when selecting manual partitioning (1361951 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1361951)): This can be avoided by creating partitions with gparted before running the installer.

So I have (successfully) re-partitioned my drive using the live DVD gparted app. Now I can mount and see the filesystem, and was able to copy /home/usr1 and /home/user2 to remote areas of the drive.

What I need help with is the "something else" option of the installer. It appears that there is no way to select existing partitions for home, root, and swap.

I can, of course, select "upgrade 12.04" or let it do a standard install on the first partition ... but my first choice is to learn how to make it install on the existing partitions.

Any advice? Pointers to a tutorial?

-Rob

howefield
August 26th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Where are you stuck, should be a fairly simple case of highlighting the partition that you want to use, press the change button , set the file system, check the format box (if you want it formatted) and finally set the mount point from the drop down or create your own.

RobertoRecordo
August 26th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Thank You Howefield! This is solved. As in the release notes I got a blank screen after install, but a Power On Reset successfully booted the system! Vivid!