PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 14.04 Crashing After Install

scottinpa40
August 22nd, 2015, 01:32 PM
Hi, I just recently installed Ubuntu 14.04 to dual boot with Windows 7 and Ubuntu seemed to be working fine until I saved a couple pictures into the Pictures folder. When I double click the folder, it shows the picture thumbnails, but when I click on any of the pictures to view them, the window disappears and takes me back to the desktop. I then get an internal error message, which I attached to this message. I would appreciate any help and can't understand how a new install is crashing already.

-Scott

howefield
August 22nd, 2015, 01:45 PM
Generally I'd take the error and search the web for more information.

In your case "nautilus crashed with SIGSEGV in jpc_qmfb_join_colgrp()"

Could be https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jasper/+bug/555238

scottinpa40
August 22nd, 2015, 03:37 PM
OK I read some of it and had a question: Does Ubuntu have a problem with certain images, like jpeg or png? I think I put a jpeg image from my Data folder (from the internal hard drive on my PC) into Pictures when this happened. I'm basically copying some files from the Data partition that I made for Windows 7 and pasting them into Ubuntu folders.

yancek
August 22nd, 2015, 06:57 PM
Does Ubuntu have a problem with certain images, like jpeg or png? I

No. Have them on my Ubuntu install and no problems copying them or viewing them. I've never seen the problem before so don't have any ideas.

howefield
August 22nd, 2015, 08:19 PM
OK I read some of it and had a question: Does Ubuntu have a problem with certain images, like jpeg or png?

Not that I have ever seen, but it seems that this certain "type" of jpg (jp2) may give the file manager a problem, possibly in creating the thumbnails for the images.

scottinpa40
August 23rd, 2015, 12:11 AM
OK thanks for the answers, I appreciate it!