PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Getting Le Conjugueur to run (an update)

Tom_ZeCat
August 3rd, 2015, 04:17 PM
This is an update to this previous thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2205780&p=12930375#post12930375

Quick recap: Le Conjugueur, a French verb conjugating program, is abandonware last developed for Ubuntu 8.04. Previously, I had problems getting it to run in Kubuntu 13.04 because it was missing a 32-bit dependency no longer provided in *buntu/64. The previous solution was to add this by doing this in the terminal:

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386

This worked in Kubuntu 13.04/64 through 14.10, but, turns out it's not enough for Kubuntu 15.04 (and probably other *buntus). To get it to work in 15.04, I had to do the command I just listed, plus the following one:

sudo apt-get install lib32stdc++6 lib32z1 lib32z1-dev

I'm posting this for the benefit of others who may be googling a solution. I'm delighted to have LC running again. I'm disappointed it's no longer developed for Linux, but at least I don't have to stop using this version.

Edit: I should include the error message I got so that it's easier for people to find this via a search. When I first installed Le Conjugueur via its Debian package, it would not run. When I tried running it in the terminal, I got this message:

leconjugueur: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The second set of code that I posted fixed that.

Vladlenin5000
August 4th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Many similar tools aren't around anymore either.
Reason: All those resources are in the web so why have a dedicated app?