PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Indicator Icons Showing in bottom rather than top task bar

loneiguana
July 28th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Please excuse me if this is already answered, but I tried searching for it but couldn't find it.

I am using Unity, and whenever I start an app with an indicator icon, such as spotify, or dropbox it shows up in an autohiding menu in the bottom of the screen. I'd like these to show up in the top menu bar and disable the autohiding bar at the bottom of the screen. How can I do this?

grahammechanical
July 28th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Please provide a screen shot.

I have been using Unity in every version of Ubuntu since it first appeared more than 4 years ago. I have never seen a auto-hiding bar at the bottom of Unity. And I have never seen an icon for an opened application appear in the top panel either. Application icons appear in the Launcher which can be set to autohide but the Launcher is always on the left side of the screen.

Perhaps you have installed something to produce this effect. Or are using Kubuntu or Ubuntu Mate.

Regards.

kostkon
July 29th, 2015, 04:44 PM
The auto-hiding tray used to be a feature of Gnome Shell (and definitely not Unity.)