PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] "Try Lubuntu without installing" Keeps loading at the Lubuntu Page

Herp_Derp_Derp
July 22nd, 2015, 04:04 AM
Hi Guys,

Greetings From a First time user of Lubuntu.

After i have click on "Try Lubuntu Without Installing", it will keeps on loading on the Lubuntu Screen and did not managed to go on the next step.

However i have try lubuntu on the Virtual Box which I have managed to Setting up a Lubuntu virtual machine with virtual box software.

How do "try install without installing" Lubuntu on my desktop?

Thank you.

Bucky Ball
July 22nd, 2015, 04:56 AM
Welcome. When it gets to the screen with the icon after booting from install media, hit any key and you should get to the options 'Try Ubuntu' Install, etc. Tap F6 and you should get a list of options. Choose nomodeset. Proceed with 'Try Ubuntu'. Any different?

Herp_Derp_Derp
July 22nd, 2015, 07:35 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I have done as per your advice, however i am still facing the same issue.

sudodus
July 22nd, 2015, 08:26 AM
Please specify your computer

- Brand name and model
- CPU
- RAM (size)
- graphics chip/card
- wifi chip/card

It will help us help you :-)

Herp_Derp_Derp
July 22nd, 2015, 08:47 AM
It is a desktop computer and the specifications as follows:

Processor: Intel Core i5 @3.30 Ghz
Ram: 4 GB
System Type: 64 Bit
Display adapters: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

I hope this info is sufficient. Thank you very much for your help.

sudodus
July 22nd, 2015, 09:04 AM
Problems are reported for that graphics chip, but also a solution. I hope this link can help you (if you are trying the version 14.04.1 LTS or 14.04.2).

Intel graphics card HD 4600 not supported by Ubuntu 14.04 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2248345)

Normally we recommend the long time support versions, in this case 14.04.1 LTS, but in this case it might work better with a newer version of Lubuntu (or any other Ubuntu flavour, all flavours should work well with an i5 CPU and 4 GB RAM).

So you can try Lubuntu 15.04, supported for only 9 months, but if it works with your graphics it is a good choice :-)