PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Time & Date - Choose Locations...

davidmaxwaterman
July 21st, 2015, 10:01 AM
15.04/Date & Time/Choose Locations...

It's a pretty terrible experience.

I've managed to add Beijing, Helsinki, London and New York; but no results when I try to add San Francisco, and Sao Paolo seems to be problematic (not there under Brazil, if anything comes up).

Does anyone know of any plans to fix it to make it work better? It's kind of amazing they let it ship like this - I can only assume no one uses it much.

Max.

PaulW2U
July 21st, 2015, 02:15 PM
I think there is definitely a problem with how locations are displayed in the database.

San Francisco is in the database but you have to type it in full to get a match. Sydney matches on Syd but also on Sydney I found several UK locations which seem to be totally irrelevant and my nearest city of Bristol only matches on the full name and not on part of it as you would expect when you start typing. I then tried some small villages around me and they were all found. The database must be huge.

I think a bug report is definitely in order as the search is not working in the way I think it should but I'll check to see if one exists first.

By the way, I've edited the title of your post to make it a little clearer as to what you're referring to when others can only see the thread title.

Edit: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-control-center/+bug/1404088 is the bug report that I think we're looking for.