PDA

View Full Version : Funny request sent to an IT department

richlion2
July 17th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Today a reputable outsourcing company has forwarded a ticket for our IT department to resolve:

Short Description: xxxxxx - dishwasher has power but not working in kitchen
Company: zzzzz
Assignment group: zzzzzz INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT

What should be the answer from IT?

"what is the IP address of the device?"

Have a nice Friday laugh ...

Habitual
July 17th, 2015, 05:34 PM
What should be the answer from IT?
Only people with names beginning with 'A' are getting mail this week (a la Microsoft)

d-cosner
July 17th, 2015, 05:43 PM
I have the answer!

Please reboot your dishwasher and see if the problem persists.

TheFu
July 17th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Does it work if you move it to the garden?

Pinoy Tux
July 20th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Your dishwasher license has expired. Please upgrade to DishwasherOS 2.0

Habitual
July 20th, 2015, 02:05 PM
"Do you know what 'soap' is?"

verymadpip
July 20th, 2015, 05:01 PM
I chose to help a lady, who lives a couple of doors down the road from my Mum, get the chain back on her bicycle one day last week.
She did say she wished she could just turn it off & back on again...

TheFu
July 20th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I chose to help a lady, who lives a couple of doors down the road from my Mum, get the chain back on her bicycle one day last week.
She did say she wished she could just turn it off & back on again...

Clearly, she isn't running Linux.

$ uptime
12:10:39 up 88 days, 4:53, 4 users, load average: 0.11, 0.32, 2.13

mastablasta
July 23rd, 2015, 08:51 AM
obviously someone sent it by mistake.

we had some issues like that recently. only in our case I think it was working but sounding alarm as if something is wrong even though it wasn't. solution really was new software. if it was online it would be so much cheaper to repair them...

ukripper
July 23rd, 2015, 09:07 AM
"what is the IP address of the device?"

Answer should be - How about try to disconnect your refrigerator and see if it works!

coldraven
July 23rd, 2015, 12:11 PM
The dishwasher is probably just feeing lonely and is in a sulk. Try going to a dishwasher dating site and find a match for it :)

portalhavoc
July 23rd, 2015, 12:25 PM
The dishwasher is probably just feeing lonely and is in a sulk. Try going to a dishwasher dating site and find a match for it :)

LOL! :P :lol:

Maybe it will get married and have dishwasher kids! :P and start a dishwasher family! :lol:

SantaFe
July 24th, 2015, 07:23 PM
LOL! :P :lol:

Maybe it will get married and have dishwasher kids! :P and start a dishwasher family! :lol:

Will they all start watching SOAP Operas? ;)

Wild_Duck66
July 27th, 2015, 12:19 AM
If the dishwasher gets married I hope they remember to use a Calgon....

kurja
July 30th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Mine does not involve a dishwasher or an actual IT department, but it's pretty bad. I got a 'support request call' from a relative, and, wait for it, question was what their admin password is because they forgot.

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 30th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Mine does not involve a dishwasher or an actual IT department, but it's pretty bad. I got a 'support request call' from a relative, and, wait for it, question was what their admin password is because they forgot.

Something similar happened to me.

I got a call from my daughter several years ago because my grandson got mad with his mother and changed the admin password on her computer. My grandson claimed he couldn't remember what is was. I told her to bring the computer to my house. I plugged in a Linux USB stick, booted, went to the terminal, typed in a few command with gibberish scrolling up the screen, shut it down, and told my daughter to turn it back on. You should have seen the look on my grandson's face :shock: when it booted straight to Windows 7 without asking for a password.

mastablasta
July 31st, 2015, 10:12 AM
wow! in his face... :)

yeah people often think that those passwords actually lock the computer, while they are there just to identify & confirm the user to the OS.

richlion2
August 7th, 2015, 12:10 PM
90 ways to hack into your computer when you don't know the password:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2015/aug/06/access-pc-without-admin-password-windows-8

scriptkitten_
August 9th, 2015, 07:23 AM
It's the hackers!!! Please pay a one time fee and a monthly subscription and it can be fixed :D