PDA

View Full Version : Is there something that you like but no one else likes?

portalhavoc
July 14th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I made this topic to ask all of you in the Ubuntu Forums community.

Do you like something that only a small group of people hate?

Well, I do admit that I have a soft spot for Google.

I always thought that they were a pretty cool company that made some truly amazing and unique products.

And I know that a lot of people turn down upon them because of Microsoft's "controversial" Scroogled campaign that didn't last very long. (Even for a short time they even sold Anti-Google merchandise on their official store! :O)

So. Is there a certain thing that you like but everyone else hates? (Like the Intel Celeron processor, the Ubuntu Unity GUI etc.)

Let me know!

v3.xx
July 14th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Do you like something that only a small group of people hate?
and this

So. Is there a certain thing that you like but everyone else hates?
Which way is this hate thread going (besides downhill) :confused:

portalhavoc
July 14th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Which way is this hate thread going (besides downhill) :confused:
I'm sorry that the thread confused you.

I'm basically just saying that is there something that you and maybe some of your friends and family like but other people dislike it?

And it's not really a hate thread. I'm just sharing my opinions on certain things.

mips
July 14th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Is there something that you like but no one else likes?

With 7.3 billion people on this planet I highly doubt it. I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery :biggrin:

Linuxratty
July 14th, 2015, 08:46 PM
I like Redshift. Other people don't...I'll use it anyway because they can't stop me.

buzzingrobot
July 14th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Broccoli

mips
July 14th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Broccoli

Broccoli is manna from the gods, a bit of white/cheese sauce makes it even better.

QIII
July 14th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Mmmmmm! Hungry.

v3.xx
July 14th, 2015, 10:32 PM
I had to think about it for a while, BUT I GOT IT ..

There is one guy in this forum that nobody likes. I know that I should not mention his name, but no one likes him, so its ok.

Resident_Troll

Were bud's :D

oldos2er
July 14th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Garlic and onions. Husband tolerates garlic, but doesn't care for onions. I love them both!

This only applies to people in my immediate family, obviously.

monkeybrain20122
July 14th, 2015, 11:26 PM
I hope no one answers "my kids". :)

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 14th, 2015, 11:57 PM

There is one guy in this forum that nobody likes. I know that I should not mention his name, but no one likes him, so its ok.

Resident_Troll

The Resident Troll is just misunderstood. He is actually a nice guy. :lol:

QIII
July 15th, 2015, 12:12 AM
I hope no one answers "my kids". :)

I was going to say "Mrs QIII", but I thought the better of it.

Oh, wait!

D'oh!

buzzingrobot
July 15th, 2015, 12:28 AM
Broccoli is manna from the gods, a bit of white/cheese sauce makes it even better.

Olive oil, garlic, a bit of Chile pepper. Saute quickly.

I've been known to eat it raw, dipped in hummus.

QIII
July 15th, 2015, 01:02 AM
The Resident Troll is just misunderstood. He is actually a nice guy. :lol:

Likely making chocolate chip cookies for the troll-lings like he usually does on Tuesdays.

Resident Troll
July 15th, 2015, 06:00 AM

Resident_Troll

So, there is one user in this forum. I know, I should not mention the username. It's OK, we are going to be buddies :)

Irihapeti
July 15th, 2015, 06:23 AM
So, there is one user in this forum. I know, I should not mention the username. It's OK, we are going to be buddies :)

Who let you out of your cave??? Go away!!

:D

Bucky Ball
July 15th, 2015, 06:38 AM

Not you again, RT. :|

v3.xx, this is down to you! You summoned the troll! Now a staff member(s) will have to wrangle it back to the cave ... again. Broccoli, onion and garlic with a white cheese sauce generally does the trick and entices RT back to where it belongs, ready for procedures and experiments. :)

QIII
July 15th, 2015, 06:52 AM
For a minute I thought someone had some stinky cheese burning on the stove top, but I see now that it's just Resident Troll and those nasty fungus feet.

bapoumba
July 15th, 2015, 06:55 AM
For a minute I thought someone had some stinky cheese burning on the stove top, but I see now that it's just Resident Troll and those nasty fungus feet.
Come to my dinner table and you'll see that cheese does not have to be burning on the stove to stink. The stinkier the better :tongue:
You though guys with delicate nostrils :D

QIII
July 15th, 2015, 07:23 AM
I have a rule: If something stinks so bad the dog would roll in it if it were lying in the back yard, I don't eat it.

Bucky Ball
July 15th, 2015, 07:31 AM
I have a rule: If something stinks so bad the dog would roll in it if it were lying in the back yard, I don't eat it.

LOL. Is that the one and only condition for you not eating something, QIII? Anything the dog wouldn't roll in is fair game? :)

portalhavoc
July 15th, 2015, 08:18 AM

What you said right there, Reminded me of my grandmother. When she was still alive she was a TERRIBLE cook. And her food was so bad, her dog wouldn't eat it. She was better at knitting than cooking. (My mom told me that recently.)

Bucky Ball
July 15th, 2015, 08:28 AM
My mother used to knit us dinner. Unfortunately she was hopeless at both, except for when she knitted that tasty roast turkey one Thursday. That was a fluke, though. I'll never forget the 8ply Sunday casserole. We used to dread it! :)

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 15th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Come to my dinner table and you'll see that cheese does not have to be burning on the stove to stink. The stinkier the better :tongue:
You though guys with delicate nostrils :D

:lolflag:

When I grew up my family (grandparents, father, sisters, and myself) frequently had Schabziger (sap sago) cheese on buttered rye bread along with raw onions during our evening meal. I like the smell of Schabziger. I had a jar of sulfur that my wife thought was Schabziger cheese so she put it in the icebox :). It is getting harder to find where I live, and ordering it on the internet is expensive.

monkeybrain20122
July 16th, 2015, 02:02 AM
What you said right there, Reminded me of my grandmother. When she was still alive she was a TERRIBLE cook. And her food was so bad, her dog wouldn't eat it. She was better at knitting than cooking. (My mom told me that recently.)

It must have been tough being your grandpa.

Bucky Ball
July 16th, 2015, 02:06 AM
There's one thing I used to love all the time, now occasionally. Two pieces of toast, one with peanut butter (is that peanut jelly in the US?) and one with Australia's favourite, Vegemite. Smack the two pieces of toast together and consume. Hmm. :)

The thought of that combination makes some of my friends want to spontaneously vomit. :|

Cold fish finger sandwich was another favourite some decades ago. Also vomit inducing for some.

mikodo
July 16th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Wild Rice. Eat it everyday. I got hooked on it when we used to live in "the north" where the aboriginals would harvest it and sell it cheap. Not as cheap here in Canada's South.

Half and half with organic brown rice. Carbohydrate staple for me. Mix in any chili sauce, curry that I like, and stir fried veggies with onions in olive oil. Some times some extra garlic, thinly sliced. lol "Manna from heaven" for me.The rest of the family, when they were still at home, turned their noses up at it. "That stinks". My wife, puts up with it.

v3.xx
July 16th, 2015, 03:50 AM
There's one thing I used to love all the time, now occasionally. Two pieces of toast, one with peanut butter (is that peanut jelly in the US?) and one with Australia's favourite, Vegemite. Smack the two pieces of toast together and consume. Hmm. :)

The thought of that combination makes some of my friends want to spontaneously vomit. :|

Cold fish finger sandwich was another favourite some decades ago. Also vomit inducing for some.

Hey Bucky

Peanut butter and cucumber sandwich. I know, it sounds terrible, but give it a try. You may be surprised :)

iamjiwjr
July 16th, 2015, 05:00 AM
Ditto on the redshift.

Bucky Ball
July 16th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Hey Bucky

Peanut butter and cucumber sandwich. I know, it sounds terrible, but give it a try. You may be surprised :)

Doesn't sound terrible to me and I will. :)

PS: Vegemite goes pretty good with cucumber so I'll improvise ... :-k

khade_putra
July 16th, 2015, 09:22 AM
I hate meat..... :mad:

Mike_Walsh
July 16th, 2015, 11:57 AM
COLD coffee!!! Nice on a hot summer's day. I'll make up a jug in the evenings and put it in the fridge for the next day.

The number of people I've come across who reckon that's disgusting, you wouldn't believe... Reminds me of the old country folk here in the UK who used to take a bottle of cold, black tea with them each day, to drink while working in the fields.

....and one with Australia's favourite, Vegemite....

I love Marmite (that's the European version of Vegemite, though I believe it's indigenous to the UK). Most people seem to hate the stuff.

Tried Vegemite (we can get that here, too). Hmm. Not salty enough for my liking... :lol:

Regards,

Mike. :D

Bucky Ball
July 16th, 2015, 01:35 PM
[/COLOR]I love Marmite (that's the European version of Vegemite, though I believe it's indigenous to the UK). Most people seem to hate the stuff.

Tried Vegemite (we can get that here, too). Hmm. Not salty enough for my liking... :lol:

Ah, the last bit about Vegemite not being salty enough was a joke. Ding! The penny dropped before I posted something dumb in response ... hopefully!

Yea, we consider Marmite, which you can get here, sweet in comparison. Too sweet for mine, although I loved it as a kid (I was born in the UK and came to Australia as a five year old so had my share of it).

shantiq
July 16th, 2015, 02:17 PM
not at all true but would make an ace answer:

"me"

leclerc65
July 16th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Tripe.

Bucky Ball
July 16th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Tripe.

We have a winner! Can't stand it.

portalhavoc
July 16th, 2015, 06:16 PM
I know that there are some people out there who like to eat weird food like fried crickets and scorpions and food that is more disgusting than fried insects. :-&
I wish I can tell you more.
But I don't want to gross you guys out.

portalhavoc
July 16th, 2015, 06:22 PM
There is one food that I can't stand and that is boxed scalloped potatoes. (I have no idea why.) I can eat it if it's homemade. But if it's boxed. Ugh...

v3.xx
July 16th, 2015, 07:39 PM

Menudo, excellent cure for a hangover.

yetimon_64
July 17th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Tripe.

Booooo & :p. I love the stuff done in white onion sauce :D ... but that is from someone who'll eat peanut paste and strawberry jam with a layer of thickly sliced raw garlic and a layer of (4) gingernut biscuits on a sandwich (2 pieces of toast). Had a great laugh when a fishing friend (waiting on us for a fishing trip) was turning "green in the gills" watching me make then eat it. That response was even funnier than watching someone with full blown seasickness, he didn't even have to get on the water to look as bad :lol:.

More generally speaking not related to food and going on most of the people I know personally (IRL, not on the forums) I could almost say Linux/Ubuntu. In about 8 years of regular use I have had 1 conversation with someone else who uses/likes Ubuntu. The conversation came about because of me wearing an Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope T-shirt in a local shopping centre food court. I nearly choked on a chip (thick french fry type not a "crisp" type) when the person asked me if I used Ubuntu, got such a shock that someone in the area knew what the circle of friends symbol actually was. I'd had heaps of questions over years but that was the first one I didn't have to explain what it was to. Sorta left me in a good mood for the rest of that day too ... a nice shock for a change. Cheers, yeti.

richlion2
July 17th, 2015, 03:13 PM
With 7.3 billion people on this planet I highly doubt it. I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery :biggrin:

How about people ridiculously walking onto a road while fiddling around with their stupid smart phones without paying attention to what is going around them on the street?
Add to that those who got their eyes glued to the those stupid devices while walking on sidewalks thinking those who are not using a smart phone are inferior and should make way for them to pass.

richlion2
July 17th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Tripe.

What do you mean tripe, in what form?

The Polish version of a soup when done properly is excellent. When I go on a visit there and see the tripe soup on a menu it's the first thing I order.
Although to prepare a soup out of tripe is very time consuming. You need at least 4 hours to prepare it correctly. There are a few Italian recipes as well, but haven't tried them.

richlion2
July 17th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Broccoli

You probably had it served over boiled and straight from a pot. If in Britain, that's probably the case, they haven't got a clue how to server it. Learned from my mother a French recipe for a sauce:
1) Blue stilton
2) A bit of garlic
3) good real mayo
Mash them together and use to spread the vegetable. Make sure Broccoli is boiled for only 3 minutes, not a minute longer.

v3.xx
July 17th, 2015, 03:28 PM

The Polish version of a soup when done properly is excellent. When I go on a visit there and see the tripe soup on a menu it's the first thing I order.
Although to prepare a soup out of tripe is very time consuming. You need at least 4 hours to prepare it correctly. There are a few Italian recipes as well, but haven't tried them.
Menudo is the same lengthy process. Not a cook, just a end user :D

richlion2
July 17th, 2015, 03:32 PM
British breakfast, beans on toast :mad:, this is the worse thing I can ever think of. Especially the Heinz beans produced in tons and tons. It's absolutely disgusting (just like any Heinz soup in can) , tasteless and I think that's one of the reasons the food in England is regarded by many as awful.

In England one must eat lamb in various settings. Go to a pub and order lamb chops. I was in London recently and in a pub about 100m from the Windsor Castle, brilliantly served simple food, but tasty and huge meal. Make sure you hydrate your system with a pint of ale.

shantiq
July 17th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Tripe was one of my favourite foods ... but i have been a veggie for 20 years ... so no tripe

Well actually I am a pescetarian so there is one thing i usta love but i think it has been banned in the UK as some folks got alledgedly food-poisoned

so there goes ... Bombay Duck! ... few like it actually dried fish see what it says on wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombay_duck) it is the dried in-the-sun variety i loved and was served in Indian restaurants prior to 97 smells and tastes like old[I]unwashed tennis sox .... YUMMMM !!

Wretched boorocrats !!! banning unwashed tennis sox flavour on spurious health grounds ...

>>> http://s20.postimg.org/pyjkvp1nd/IMG_5492.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/pyjkvp1nd/)http://3.imimg.com/data3/VN/SR/MY-7258500/dried-bombay-duck-fish-250x250.jpg

bapoumba
July 17th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Liver. The smell of it, the idea of it will make me bloooooooop splaaash cough cough. Was forced as a kid to eat it because it was "good", until it all got sent back on the table one day.
I'm not getting close to tripes either.

SantaFe
July 17th, 2015, 07:24 PM
We have a winner! Can't stand it.What's the matter, can't Stomach Tripe?:p

QIII
July 17th, 2015, 07:34 PM
... moan ...

v3.xx
July 17th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 17th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Liver. The smell of it, the idea of it will make me bloooooooop splaaash cough cough. Was forced as a kid to eat it because it was "good", until it all got sent back on the table one day.
I'm not getting close to tripes either.

My mother was English and my father was German. My mother cooked liver and onion about once every week or two. My father would cook occasionally as a matter of survival. I haven't eaten liver since I left home. When I left home, I lived a few blocks away from my German grandmother and learned to cook from her. :)

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 17th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Rocky Mountain Oysters

I would have to be drunk to put that in my mouth. :)

v3.xx
July 17th, 2015, 09:15 PM
I would have to be drunk to put that in my mouth. :)
You don't have to be drunk, but it helps. There are such oysters bars where I live :)

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 17th, 2015, 09:24 PM
You don't have to be drunk, but it helps. There are such oysters bars where I live :)

I live in cattle country so we do too; but, the idea of eating dangling beef is more than I can handle. :)

QIII
July 17th, 2015, 09:26 PM
RMOs are tough, chewy and, quite frankly, bland.

v3.xx
July 17th, 2015, 09:30 PM

The same thing is also done with turkeys.

v3.xx
July 17th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Being smaller, they have tendency to roll off the plate.

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 17th, 2015, 09:40 PM
The same thing is also done with turkeys.

I haven't seen turkey; however, I have seem beef, lamb or mutton, and pork oysters.

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 17th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Being smaller, they have tendency to roll off the plate.

Are the turkey oysters battered (breaded) and deep fried?

v3.xx
July 17th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Are the turkey oysters battered and deep fried?
Only did it once, but it was battered, look similar to a serving of home fries.

monkeybrain20122
July 17th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Well it is just beef. People probably have eaten lots of them in grounded up form in hamburgers and hot dogs. :)

benrob0329
July 17th, 2015, 11:25 PM
Hmmmm....probably not....other than maybe Linux itself ;-)

Irihapeti
July 17th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Well, I was going to say "reading Ubuntu forums". That's probably true among the people I know in real life.

SantaFe
July 18th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Beef tongue, it's an acquired taste. Yep eat the tongue, LICK up the gravy! ;)

Bucky Ball
July 18th, 2015, 05:00 AM
Beef tongue, it's an acquired taste. Yep eat the tongue, LICK up the gravy! ;)

Or, you could lick up the gravy with the beef tongue and then eat the gravy sodden tongue ... :-k

SantaFe
July 18th, 2015, 05:11 AM
Or, you could lick up the gravy with the beef tongue and then eat the gravy sodden tongue ... :-k

Or use it in a Timex watch commercial. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking! ;)

yetimon_64
July 18th, 2015, 10:25 AM

Shop bought or "freshly cut"?

As a 17 yo visiting a North Queensland cattle station I was set up with a plate of them and hoed into the most tender/juicy/tasty deep fried crumbed "oysters" ever. After polishing off a full plate the station folk asked if I knew what I'd just eaten. They were seriously disappointed when I answered correctly. Apparently their idea of amusement was to watch the response when visitors would usually either dash out the door and throw up or completely freak out with disgust. I loved turning the table on that practical joke. Ruined their fun and then had a chow down on a second plate, they were absolutely beautiful (snipped only a couple of hours earlier, maybe "fresh is best" in this case :biggrin:)

Linuxratty
July 19th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Hey Bucky

Kosher dill pickles with peanut butter..MmmmM.
Sauerkraut with peanut butter..Also good.
I also like friend fish eggs.
When my dad would fish, Mother would fry the fish..She'd fry any row (still in it's membrane) first and give it to us kids as a before diner treat. MmmmMM.

leclerc65
July 19th, 2015, 05:06 PM

Here in Montreal we can have tripe in Vietnamese Pho, or Chinese BBQ counters. Not all of them have it though.
Once I visited Florence Central Market. The offal food there is excellent also.
I would like to try haggis one day, but I doubt we can get the authentic one here.

mikodo
July 20th, 2015, 07:39 AM
In about 8 years of regular use I have had 1 conversation with someone else who uses/likes Ubuntu. The conversation came about because of me wearing an Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope T-shirt in a local shopping centre food court. I nearly choked on a chip (thick french fry type not a "crisp" type) when the person asked me if I used Ubuntu, got such a shock that someone in the area knew what the circle of friends symbol actually was.

Going on 6 years for me.

I was driving in our city about 5 years ago now when, something made me look closer at the the guy's license plate (tag) driving in front of me. It was "Gnome". I wanted to try and get his attention to ask him about it but, he looked like he was in a hurry. Driving fast.. Only person I ever met using linux, was the son of an University Professor who teaches IT, who suggested I learn it, instead of windows.

:p

portalhavoc
July 20th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Going on 6 years for me.

I was driving in our city about 5 years ago now when, something made me look closer at the the guy's license plate (tag) driving in front of me. It was "Gnome". I wanted to try and get his attention to ask him about it but, he looked like he was in a hurry. Driving fast.. Only person I ever met using linux, was the son of an University Professor who teaches IT, who suggested I learn it, instead of windows.

I've been using Ubuntu since the days of Natty Narwhal.

My dad has Ubuntu stickers on his Hyundai Elantra. Although only one person at the company he works for recognized it.

Bucky Ball
July 20th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I know about ten people who have heard of it because I've installed it on their machines. :)

I suppose they've banged on about it to another ten ... :-k

Skaperen
July 20th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Zucchini (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zucchini)and Eggplant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggplant) and of course the well cooked CLI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command-line_interface)

yetimon_64
July 20th, 2015, 10:15 PM
Going on 6 years for me.

Only 2 days ago and wearing that same T-shirt mentioned I was heading in to do some grocery shopping. A guy selling raffle tickets raising funds for the deaf spotted it and called out "Ubuntu users buy our tickets when finished their shopping" (or words to that effect) I just grinned and went on only to realise a few minutes later he'd also recognised the symbol.

On the way out I had to pull up and have a chat, I scraped up a few dollars from the car ash tray and bought one of the cheaper tickets. Found he was using a firefox OS phone and liked open source etc. Told him he was only the second person in about 6 years to recognise it, he commented on the fact it is a pretty obscure brand and logo.
I think he actually had none of the cheaper $10 tickets left as I got an upgrade to a $20 ticket for free ... nice bonus, would be also nice to win the $500 000 first prize package :D

QIII
July 20th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Shop bought or "freshly cut"?

As a 17 yo visiting a North Queensland cattle station I was set up with a plate of them and hoed into the most tender/juicy/tasty deep fried crumbed "oysters" ever. After polishing off a full plate the station folk asked if I knew what I'd just eaten. They were seriously disappointed when I answered correctly. Apparently their idea of amusement was to watch the response when visitors would usually either dash out the door and throw up or completely freak out with disgust. I loved turning the table on that practical joke. Ruined their fun and then had a chow down on a second plate, they were absolutely beautiful (snipped only a couple of hours earlier, maybe "fresh is best" in this case :biggrin:)

I put myself through college on the back of a horse as a cowboy in Montana...

yetimon_64
July 20th, 2015, 11:04 PM

:-k ... maybe its breed related ? Though I have no idea of what breed of cattle the station I was visiting stocked.

Actually the very first time I'd tried them was at a much younger age, about 9 or 10, and do now recall that they were much tougher than the ones on Bulleringa Station (Queensland, Australia). Bulleringa Station, now a Queensland National Park (http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/bulleringa/), was originally owned by a great uncle and aunt of mine on my fathers side of the family and was run by their family who we were visiting at the time.

QIII
July 20th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Perhaps my impression was colored by a twinge of remorse at having been the one who had so recently relieved the owners of them?

:)

wildmanne39
July 21st, 2015, 12:20 AM
Perhaps my impression was colored by a twinge of remorse at having been the one who had so recently relieved the owners of them?

:)Shame shame:p.

Bucky Ball
July 21st, 2015, 02:04 AM

I feel a Frank Zappa song coming on ... did you also have zircon encrusted tweezers gleamin' in the moonlight-y night?

Bulleringa Station, now a Queensland National Park (http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/bulleringa/), was originally owned by a great uncle and aunt of mine on my fathers side of the family and was run by their family who we were visiting at the time.

That just about makes you Aus royalty and gives a solid connection with this beautiful country. Come here often? :)

yetimon_64
July 21st, 2015, 04:19 AM

:)Yeah could be, I definitely had no remorse when tasting them even knowing what they were :lol:

...That just about makes you Aus royalty and gives a solid connection with this beautiful country. Come here often? :)Probably closer to Ned Kelly than royalty ;), my great uncle had a pretty colourful reputation as a tough bloke and a bit of a rogue. They certainly were tough to survive that part of the country back in the early days.

Bucky Ball
July 21st, 2015, 05:02 AM
They certainly were tough to survive that part of the country back in the early days.

Yep. Still plenty of tough country out here. The first settlers could have learnt a lot from the original owners of this land to help them survive, but that is the stuff of another thread on another forum. :)

PS: Ned Kelly IS royalty over here. Remember, Australia was settled by convicts, that's right, criminals (although in many cases the label 'criminal' was at least dubious). South Australia, from memory, is the only state of Australia to be settled by free settlers. When the Brits first arrived at Botany Bay in what is now New South Wales they just crashed right in as though they owned the place, which they did not. Again, stuff of another thread.

I digress ... cold pizza the morning after the night before! Friend of mine once threw up after watching me eat a cold hamburger from the night before. Delicious.

QIII
July 21st, 2015, 05:04 AM
Sounds a bit like us over here, BB.

But, different forum for that...

mikodo
July 23rd, 2015, 11:08 PM
Yep. Still plenty of tough country out here. The first settlers could have learnt a lot from the original owners of this land to help them survive, but that is the stuff of another thread on another forum.

Digress2

Sounds like my kinda place. I grew up in the wild, wild west of Canada. Among the many stories I could tell, is being able to take our long guns and ammunition on the school bus and keep them in our school lockers, if we were thinking we might go hunting after school. I'm not talking pea shooters either. Shot guns and big-game rifles. The crazy stuff I saw and did growing up. :)

bapoumba
July 23rd, 2015, 11:11 PM
Yep, different forum for Digress2 :)

pissedoffdude
July 24th, 2015, 02:13 AM
That guy Lucas/Fred from youtube..or yeah OSX. To add on to this, been using OSX daily (I can't connect to an IPSEC Sonicwall VPN from linux, and I don't like Windows, so yeah). Add on to that I'm growing fond of outlook since all other exchange clients kinda blow.

leclerc65
July 25th, 2015, 04:50 AM
The 'phallic' clam America sells to China.

BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33261666)

Wadim_Korneev
August 3rd, 2015, 09:50 AM
I enjoy reading books, academic journals and listening to oldies. None of my friends like that.

richlion2
August 3rd, 2015, 02:11 PM

My mother was born in France and when she would ask a lady over the counter to pass her one of the French cheeses the lady would pick it up with two fingers making sure it would not come close to her nose to weigh it and pack. The odor of the cheese would be felt miles away :p
http://www.hotelclub.com/blog/top-10-stinky-cheeses/

would you touch those?

craige2
August 4th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I might not be a vegetarian by my favourite sandwich is the vegetable sandwich.

Broccoli cauliflower peas peppers onion, in tomato sauce with herbs...cooked in pan and chilled out with a red wine. My partner and friends claim " it is not.... a food combination "

I use the same recipe with fish in it. Served either as peppers sliced in half and used as container or sliced in it.... a lovely dip for dinner party ... again all for myself, nobody touches it... hehe :)