PDA

View Full Version : Screen Fuzzy after screen saver.. but perfect on first login

kevin172
July 12th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Just installed Ubuntu 17.2 Cinnamon KDE 64 bit Debian version.. and had to install the Native AMD driver with Catalyst Control Center to fix another unrelated problem.. but now every time I let the machine sit idle after a reboot the screen saver works, as it's supposed to, but the desktop is EXTREMELY fuzzy after I log back in.. and the fuzzy, lack of detail, hard to read fonts, etc, WON'T GO AWAY UNTIL THE MACHINE IS REBOOTED!

Any ideas?

PS.. it's an AMD Radeon HD 6790, and the "unrelated problem" is that I see ONLY the middle 80% of the screen (which makes it nearly impossible to use).. until after I load Catalyst Control Center and use screen scaling to "Zoom Out."

PaulW2U
July 12th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Thread moved to MINT as I see you've installed "17.2" so not Ubuntu :)

kevin172
July 12th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Before being asked.. the Current display driver I'm using is fglrx-updates Version 2.15.200-0ubuntu0.3

Driver manager recommends xserver-xorg-video-ati Version 1:7.3.0-1ubuntu3.1
I chose the fglrx-updates based on the wording "graphics acceleration" VS "display driver wrapper?"

kevin172
July 12th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Which is.. a completely different forum? I'm assuming?

PaulW2U
July 12th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Which is.. a completely different forum? I'm assuming?

Linux MINT may be based on Ubuntu but there may be differences which Ubuntu users are not aware of which is why your post was moved here.

MINT have their own forums at http://forums.linuxmint.com/ but you're certainly welcome to ask about any problems that you encounter in our MINT sub-forum.