PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] system goes to sleep

cmcanulty
July 11th, 2015, 04:47 PM
I need this always on to access remotely. I have everything updated and all power manager things installed but still I can only set display at a max of 5 hrs and 50 min see screenshot all my other xubuntus allow it to go to never see screenshot

Dennis N
July 11th, 2015, 05:27 PM
I need this always on to access remotely. I have everything updated and all power manager things installed but still I can only set display at a max of 5 hrs and 50 min see screenshot all my other xubuntus allow it to go to never...

So, what version of Xubuntu are we talking about here?

cmcanulty
July 11th, 2015, 05:31 PM
14.04 64bit

tgalati4
July 11th, 2015, 05:39 PM
You could set up Wake-on-LAN (WoL). Many routers support port-triggering that sends a magic wake-up packet. Then you have the entire delay-to-sleep period to log in.

Dennis N
July 11th, 2015, 05:46 PM
14.04 64bit

The scale on mine goes from 'never' on the left, to '5hr 50min' on the right. Move the slider completely to the left. See image.

cmcanulty
July 11th, 2015, 10:37 PM
I know it's supposed to work that way but on this computer it is greyed out and won't move even after completely removing and reinstalling the power manager.Now it has gone off again so I can't acccess it until the library opens again on Monday.

Dennis N
July 12th, 2015, 06:12 AM
I know it's supposed to work that way but on this computer it is greyed out and won't move even after completely removing and reinstalling the power manager.Now it has gone off again so I can't acccess it until the library opens again on Monday.

In that case, I would remove power manager from the "Application Autostart" tab in Settings > Sessions and Startup by un-checking the box. That will prevent it from shutting anything down.

cmcanulty
July 12th, 2015, 12:38 PM
OK I will try that thanks