PDA

View Full Version : Nautilus oddities

TravisNewman
March 30th, 2005, 05:09 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it's intentional, so I'm not necessarily looking for support here... therefore-> off topic.

Lately, with Hoary for the past couple months, when I choose a location in nautilus' file dialog, it doesn't work how it used to (how I think it should). Take file roller for example. When extracting files, it used to extract them to the current directory. Now it extracts them to the selected directory. Example. If I want to extract an archive to /home/travis, and I was running Warty, if my current directory was /home/travis that would work. In current Hoary, if there's a folder selected (which automatically happens), it will get extracted into that folder instead. It's quite annoying, and causes a few problems.

ThePainter
March 30th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Hi,
That sounds like a load of things that worked great in warty and are now all messed up in Hoary.
I dont know why people have to try and fix what isnt broken.

They have spoilt Gpdf as well, they have taken out the page number box so you have to scroll through a ebook and count the pages yourself.
I had to install kpdf.
Then theres the app menu and a few other things, they arent bugs they are unimprovments ?

Im sticking with Warty for the time being but Im testing Mepis at the moment and Im impressed so far, if they dont get Hoary sorted then Im away.

Lovechild
March 30th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I have a consistent issue mounting my website ftp upload with nautilus, it will continue to ask for the password.. I suspect gnome-key-manager being the problem.

Aside that GNOME 2.10 seems like a fairly solid release so far.

*please note I run Fedora Core Development atm*

totalshredder
March 30th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it's intentional, so I'm not necessarily looking for support here... therefore-> off topic.

Lately, with Hoary for the past couple months, when I choose a location in nautilus' file dialog, it doesn't work how it used to (how I think it should). Take file roller for example. When extracting files, it used to extract them to the current directory. Now it extracts them to the selected directory. Example. If I want to extract an archive to /home/travis, and I was running Warty, if my current directory was /home/travis that would work. In current Hoary, if there's a folder selected (which automatically happens), it will get extracted into that folder instead. It's quite annoying, and causes a few problems.

Ughhhh.. I have that exact problem as well. It annoys me so much, you have to go up a directory to be able to put it where you want it. I'm curious as well what this is; as it is currently the thing keeping me on command line for untaring.

Luke

jdong
March 30th, 2005, 04:27 PM
*please note I run Fedora Core Development atm*

Well, Ubuntu GNOME has a few more 'issues' than the heavily customized FC GNOME.

It seems like Hoary is getting delayed a few days to integrate 2.10.1. Excellent decision, Canonical. Let's hope it works out OK.

BTW, Kubuntu works great!