PDA

View Full Version : Why Ibus Not Included Khmer ?

limsruntek
June 30th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Hi guy im new i used linux mint it has khmer language on keyboard but not this one but it is support khmer language but not the keyboard why :lolflag:

grahammechanical
June 30th, 2015, 12:14 PM
What version of Ubuntu are you using? I am using 15.04 and I see a Khmer (Cambodia) keyboard layout in System Settings>Text Entry. System Settings>Language Support also has Khmer, Central. Perhaps Ibus is not the place to look for these things.

Regards.

dino99
June 30th, 2015, 12:15 PM
welcome to the free world ):P

looks like you need to request either an ibus or fctix package feature support for your language. After getting a launchpad account, you can open a bug report, using the terminal command:
ubuntu-bug ibus and set the title 'ibus/fcitx not handling kmer language' and explain a bit what the problem is for you.

Bucky Ball
June 30th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Thread moved to MINT.

Sorry, did not realise you were using Mint on the last thread or would have told you to post here. These forums support the officially supported versions Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, UbuntuGnome and Ubuntu Mate.

You are free to post in this Mint section, but a post on the very active Mint forums wouldn't hurt, either. Good luck.