PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this?

The_Forgotten_King
June 23rd, 2015, 02:10 AM
http://i.xomf.com/swxfp.png

sammiev
June 23rd, 2015, 04:04 AM
Oh my... May I ask what you will be using it for?

kerry_s
June 23rd, 2015, 07:24 AM
hell yes !

Bucky Ball
June 23rd, 2015, 10:26 AM
Thread moved to The Cafe.

Yea. You could watch Youtube and do your emails on that no problem. Urm, seriously, why? You must have a VERY specific reason, so asking 'Should I buy' such a ridiculously expensive piece of kit without giving any reasons why you want to poses a question impossible to answer.

PS: Please attach large pics rather than inserting them in the body of your posts. Use 'Go Advanced' or 'Adv Reply' and the paperclip icon in the top toolbar. Thanks.

Bucky Ball
June 23rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
hell yes !

Hell why? We have no idea what it will be used for. :)

grahammechanical
June 23rd, 2015, 03:57 PM
Buy the one that is diamond encrusted. Just like all the celebrities. But do not wear it when you go out of the house. Otherwise, you will be mugged.

QIII
June 23rd, 2015, 04:19 PM
I'd go for one with four 16 core Opterons for 64 cores.

The_Forgotten_King
June 23rd, 2015, 07:19 PM
I don't exactly do much.
My 2gb ram+1.66ghz processor does fine for me.
Somewhat of a joke thread, mildly curious if anyone has one though.

The_Forgotten_King
June 23rd, 2015, 07:20 PM
Thread moved to The Cafe.

Yea. You could watch Youtube and do your emails on that no problem. Urm, seriously, why? You must have a VERY specific reason, so asking 'Should I buy' such a ridiculously expensive piece of kit without giving any reasons why you want to poses a question impossible to answer.

PS: Please attach large pics rather than inserting them in the body of your posts. Use 'Go Advanced' or 'Adv Reply' and the paperclip icon in the top toolbar. Thanks.
Okay, will remember.

Old_Grey_Wolf
June 23rd, 2015, 10:39 PM
:lolflag:

If I had that much money to spend, I would look at HP blade server chassis and raids.

wildmanne39
June 24th, 2015, 05:38 PM
If I had the much money I sure would not spend it on a computer that costs that much.

sammiev
June 24th, 2015, 08:26 PM
If I had the much money I sure would not spend it on a computer that costs that much.

+1

Copper Bezel
June 25th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Wow, that's just ... kinda hilarious. Do all of those parts actually fit in that box, or are some of them external?

The_Forgotten_King
June 25th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Wow, that's just ... kinda hilarious. Do all of those parts actually fit in that box, or are some of them external?

Some are external.

michael-piziak
June 26th, 2015, 01:37 AM
I think it might have enough power to do what you want to do with it.
:p

Idjit_BoB
June 27th, 2015, 07:08 PM
... like all the celebrities. But do not wear it when you go out of the house.

You could always be the Flavor Flav of Ubuntu. Just a thought.

vq1
June 30th, 2015, 10:32 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3614944/flavor-flav-o.gif

1clue
June 30th, 2015, 11:56 PM
I've worked with hardware like that some years back, but current for the time.

I know this is a joke thread, but seriously people do use this sort of hardware. The thing you need to know about it though is that most buyers of this sort of thing don't just buy one of something. They'll have a few racks of it (or a lot of racks of it), and some other equally impressive hardware tying it all together. They buy N+1 of a box of a certain category, where N is the number of boxes they need and the +1 part is a spare. Or if N is a large enough number they'll get +some other number.

And also, chances are the buyer is a business and not just some guy looking for stupid-fast Facebook access. Normal user tasks are not generally any faster on this sort of hardware than they are on a medium-fast desktop or laptop.