PDA

View Full Version : STEAM OS machines

mastablasta
June 22nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
So I read about the new steamOS machines that are supposed to finally come out. I wonder how that will work and if there really is a market for them.

Are they actually a good buy if you plan to play on them with friends or lets say for the kids? I mean as I know PS4 and Xbox have plenty of games where you can play PvP on same machine. But Steam doesn't have such games at least not many of them as they are mostly aimed as single player. it has even less such games that would work on SteamOS.

also games on consoles are usually modified to work well with controller, while PC games are not really made to work well with controller (in game menues, interaction) but more with keyboard & mouse.

Frogs Hair
June 23rd, 2015, 01:55 AM
They are claiming 4500 games on the steam machine page but I see no list. http://store.steampowered.com/universe/games

mastablasta
June 23rd, 2015, 07:47 AM
well they can have 50.000 games running on it, but if they can't be easilly controled with their controler then what good are they?
I am also not sure what the idea is - are they supposed to be a console replacement (beefed up and upgradable) or PC replacement or neither.