PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] different default applications when opened from dolphin vs. folderview

rybnik
June 22nd, 2015, 06:04 AM
I'm going to use .odt files as an example here, but this problem occurs for more filetypes than just that.

When I open an .odt file from Dolphin (or Thunar, for that matter), it opens in LibreOffice Writer.
When I open the same .odt file from a Folderview Screenlet, it opens in AbiWord.

However, I want the settings for preferred applications to be universal. I want an .odt file to open in LibreOffice Writer regardless of how I open it.

Any help? Thanks.

flocculant
July 2nd, 2015, 09:17 AM
Does not right clicking on an .odt and setting the Open With in Properties > General not work?

rybnik
July 3rd, 2015, 11:57 PM
The issue is that the "open with" menu in the folderview screenlet does not give that option. (screenshot here (http://i.imgur.com/zgi3aTa.jpg))

rybnik
July 19th, 2015, 07:24 PM
bump

flocculant
July 20th, 2015, 07:45 AM
That's odd looking, I assume that Dolphin is mucking that about.

Though it is showing LO Writer as the default application.

You should be able to set this in Settings > MIME Type Editor

If you're not actually using Abiword - what happens if you purge Abiword?

rybnik
August 13th, 2015, 07:28 AM
You should be able to set this in Settings > MIME Type Editor
All the relevant settings in MIME Type Editor are set to LO Writer, and yet when I open a word file through a folderview screenlet, it nonetheless opens in Abiword.

If you're not actually using Abiword - what happens if you purge Abiword?
Well yes, then the word files would be forced into opening through LO Writer. However, as I stated in the initial post, this problem does not pertain to ONLY word files.