PDA

View Full Version : pm-suspend or pm-hibernate not responding after upgrade to 14.04

Jyrki_Majamki
June 20th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Well my "upgrade" to 14.04 went balls up - so it's rather new installation. I installed kodibuntu, but AFAICS it's lubuntu?
Never mind the problem is rather general. In my former installation with xbmcbuntu the suspend and hibernate worked
just fine, so I know that my hardware is up to it.

Now I get nothing when I give pm-suspend or pm-hibernate into terminal.
However, if I go for example to
sudo -s
echo -n "platform" > /sys/power/disk
echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state

I get a nice suspend or with "disk" I get hibernate. Only lirc would not be working but that's minor.
What is it that is bugging pm-suspend and pm-hibernate commands - aren't those commands not exactly
what they are doing?

I see no hints in dmesg or in /var/log/pm*** why it is not working and I have no idea where to look next

howefield
June 20th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Thread moved to the "Ubuntu/Debian BASED" forum.

thenh813
June 22nd, 2015, 07:11 AM
Hmm... those commands are scripts, are they not? (someone correct me if wrong)
Maybe different hibernate executable versions, usage syntax changes or filename changes caused it.
If all else fails, I would suggest commenting out every line in those scripts or the parts causing problems.
Or just replace the scripts with new ones containing the hibernate/suspend command and noting else. XD

I know it's a evil hack, but it sure helped me make my custom OS work till I finished it and ironed out the bugs.
Rewrote all the scripts myself bit by bit after figuring out their functions and custom compiled stuff till I made it perfect.
Would only recommend this as a last resort or debugging method, by overriding the default script actions.

I am nearly certain it's caused by updated files, or ones who were moved/removed that it expects to have.