PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Stuck After Attempting To USB Install

jordan44
June 18th, 2015, 08:15 PM
So, let me start off by saying I'm completely new to OS installation. I just got my first personal build complete and decided I'd give Ubuntu a try, mainly because it was free. So, I got a USB drive, made it bootable with diskpart, and put the Ubuntu ISO on it. After I boot up my PC it takes me to a black screen with white text saying "Boot" I hit any key and it takes me to a screen that looks like this (Refer to picture below)
http://i.imgur.com/rp5sXQk.jpg
I then select the "install" option and am taken to a black screen with a myriad of text. My issue is that I get stuck on this screen, with no possible way to escape it. If anyone could provide some input or insight on how to alleviate this issue, I would be EXTREMELY grateful!

v3.xx
June 18th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Give it a test drive before you install it. "Live Mode"

And what are your computer specs?

Edit
Is this ubuntu 15.04?

yancek
June 19th, 2015, 12:15 AM
I would second the suggestion to try the 'Live Mode' and if you have problems, make note of any warnings/errors or messages you get to post here. It would also be useful to post some information on your hardware.

jordan44
June 19th, 2015, 02:05 AM
I've tried the most recent version of Ubuntu. My specs are as follows:
Gpu: MSI r7 265 2gb5 oc 2gb 256-bit gddr5
Cpu :AMD fx-8310 3.40GHz
Motherboard: Msi 970A-G46 AMD
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8gb
Storage: Samsung HM160HI
I receive an error when I attempt "Live mode" as well/

v3.xx
June 19th, 2015, 02:49 AM
No error message?

Well it sounds like the usb stick, but your screenshot indicates its ok. Got another box you can try it on?

There are other options you can try by going to F4.

Got some forum hits on your gpu.

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?cx=006238239194895611142:u-ocqbntw_o&q=Radeon+R7+265&sa=Search&cof=FORID:9

This is all I can think of right now.

jordan44
June 19th, 2015, 04:31 AM
I switched to attempting to install another OS at this time, but I can put ubuntu back on because, yet again, another failure while installing the os. I'm getting an external optical drive tomorrow, and we'll see if it very well is the stick I'm using. Thank you thought for the redirect to those hits on my gpu though!

wildmanne39
June 19th, 2015, 04:54 AM
Hi, please use thumbnails or url's when posting images because many people have slow connections or a limit on bandwidth. Thanks