PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] No USB Mouse/Keyboard after install on DellGX620

ptcomputing
June 17th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Hello,

I have several Dell GX620 and I want to use them for some projects in my company.

I have tried to install Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu all 14.04 and 15.04 including Mate versions.

The installation process runs normally, all goes fine, and I do the final reboot. In booting a error message appears, and them the system loads but I can't use keyboard or mouse.

They are connected, the lights are on, I have tried with several keyboards and mouses on all usb ports. I did load defaults on bios, and checked the usb ports.

System loads, the cursor is showed on the middle of the screen, but nothing moves.

Any help?

https://meocloud.pt/link/21d48a11-44b2-4912-aedf-adc4eb28ae2b/2015-06-16%2015.19.00.jpg/

Bashing-om
June 17th, 2015, 07:06 PM
ptcomputing; Hello;

2 things pop to mind:
1) How much memory is installed ? Best I recall the "budget" default is 1 Gig, and 'buntu wants at least 2 gigs.

2) Clear CMOS. Advisement per this thread:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19262492

seems reasonable to me

ptcomputing
June 18th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Hello,

thanks for your suggestions.

- the pc has 4Gb Ram.
- I have tried the clear cmos option, but things remain the same.

Tried installing in others DellGX620 that I have, all have latest bios, and all have the same prob...

I use unetbootin to make my usb pens. Do you recommend other tools?

jesus...

Bashing-om
June 18th, 2015, 06:11 PM
ptcomputing; Yukkie ;

I give ya an 'e' for effort, but that does not get the job done.

I use unetbootin to make my usb pens. Do you recommend other tools?

I am aware that sometimes there are problems with " unetbootin " - I do not see a correlation here. But, maybe try and see what a burned DVD will do for us ?

What operating system are you working from to burn the .iso file ?

presently floundering also

wildmanne39
June 19th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades.