PDA

View Full Version : Urdu or Arabic Fonts

Miral_Hassni
June 16th, 2015, 08:34 PM
HI,
I am mostly visiting Arabic Language and Urdu Language Websites when go to those website the texts are broken please help me what i can do to resolve this issue,
and also tell me how i can write in urdu, or arabic in doc writter and sheets also in web browser please help me i am waiting for yours reply.

grahammechanical
June 16th, 2015, 08:48 PM
To type in different languages we do 2 things. We install a keyboard layout for that language and we install a language pack for that language. You do not say what version of Ubuntu you have so I can only give you information relevant to the version I am using which may not be exacly the same as your system.

Go to System Settings and load Keyboard to add a keyboard layout. We will get an icon in the top panel that will let us switch keyboard layouts. Then load Language Support to install language packs that include dictionaries and spell checkers.

Ubuntu Help will give some information about doing this.

For the web browser, it again depends on the browser that you are using. Which we do not know. In Firefox we can go to the View menu and select Character Encoding and change the encoding. I see 2 sets of encoding for Arabic but nothing for Urdu. Although setting Auto-Detect to On might be all you need.

Regards.

Miral_Hassni
June 16th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks for guide i have install arabic language but not get an icon in the top panel that will let us switch keyboard layouts, i am not able to change keyboard layout. i am using Ubuntu Server 15.04 32bit