PDA

View Full Version : Possible Advice and criticism for/of my new Blog.

BlinkinCat
June 15th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Hi all,

Firstly, I am in the process of creating a new Blog on WordPress.org

Is it in order to post this type of thread in the Cafe?

May I ask the question to those who have experience with WordPress, that they may assist with advice - Possibly via P.M. or email - would that be in order?

I won't post the address at this stage - there are one or two things that I want to tidy up first. (Probably could post address within 3 -10 days)

The site does show my actual name on Email address - would that matter ?

I will keep in touch with this thread to see if there are any responses.

With kind regards,

BlinkinCat - :)

TechTorpedo.com
June 16th, 2015, 02:04 AM
You should change your email to something like admin{at}gmail.com

Otherwise your original email will get scraped and added to mailing lists very easily.

You should post the site, there are lots of members myself included that have good wp experience and will give your our "honest" opinions :popcorn:

BlinkinCat
June 16th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Hi TechTorpedo.com,

Thanks for that,

I had a mail address that would discard incoming mail but perhaps I should dream up an address for now - What do you think?

I will change address and post it when I have done that -

I am rather nervous, but I guess you have to crawl before you walk - :p

BlinkinCat
June 16th, 2015, 02:39 AM
Hi all,

I know that there are many improvements to be made, but I need to start somewhere -

http://www.howtorejuvenateyourlife.com

All practical positive criticism welcomed - :p

Edit no 1 : Note that the Contact email addresses in the Contact pages do not forward mail at present.

Bashing-om
June 16th, 2015, 02:53 AM
BlinkinCat; WoW ;

You have been working . That do promote that positive attitude.

You blog is most impressive, and I will be interested to see where it leads.

as always

cheers

BlinkinCat
June 16th, 2015, 03:28 AM
Thank you kindly Bashing-om

Your thoughts are very much appreciated as usual.

It is very early days and there are numerous faults I think, that need clearing up.

Cheers and best wishes - :)

sudodus
June 16th, 2015, 11:42 AM
BlinkinCat; WoW ;

as always

cheers

+1 :-)

slickymaster
June 16th, 2015, 11:47 AM
BlinkinCat; WoW ;

as always

cheers

+1

Keep up what you always have been doing so far, BlinkinCat.

BlinkinCat
June 16th, 2015, 12:44 PM
+1 :-)

Thank you kindly for your appreciation sudodus

+1

Keep up what you always have been doing so far, BlinkinCat.

Thanks very much slickymaster - it is indeed encouraging to receive a move of support from your peers

Cheers - :p

BlinkinCat
June 16th, 2015, 01:15 PM
I can't believe it - My Blog even though very young, comes in at number five on this page. To me this is very encouraging - :p

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=rejecting+negativity&ie=UTF-8&sa=Search&channel=fe&client=browser-ubuntu&hl=en&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=ZBKAVc7KFpH08QXJ4YCYAg

Edit : Has now dropped a place to 6

wildmanne39
June 16th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Hi, is the blog based on the book of positive thinking by Norman Vincent Peale ?

I think it is a great topic for a blog, everyone can benefit from positive thinking, it makes all our life’s better.

BlinkinCat
June 16th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Hi Wild Man,

No it isn't although I have a thirst for learning and anything to do with positive thinking - which is now my sole purpose in life..

I mention the 20th May, 2015 in the Dreams Category of the Blog, which is the day when I actually realized why I had been born.

On the same day, I at last recognized I had a suitable subject for a Blog, which I proceeded to plan from that day.

Abut 2 - 3 years ago I would have liked to establish a Blog but no matter how hard I tried, I recognized that at that time

I didn't have any suitable subject for it to be worthwhile to proceed. I believe now that I do.

I will try very hard to make it work, but if it doesn't that will not worry me - I will remain content regardless.

Cheers and thank you for your interest Wild Man - :p

Buntu Bunny
June 16th, 2015, 05:43 PM
I have to agree with the others; it's a wonderful blog! It has a professional look to it and is very well organized. The header image is peaceful really suits the topic well. Most of all, I think it will really be an encouragement to others, BlinkinCat.

BlinkinCat
June 16th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Hi Buntu Bunny,

Thank you very kindly - you have been and still are an inspiration for me!

I find that I have reached a stage in my life where I can completely ignore any negative influences.

I BTW have joined twitter with name @NoNegativity1 which sums things up for me.

I got confused regarding joining g+1 . Is it complicated or am I missing something?

pretty_whistle
June 17th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Hi Buntu Bunny,

Thank you very kindly - you have been and still are an inspiration for me!

I find that I have reached a stage in my life where I can completely ignore any negative influences.

I BTW have joined twitter with name @NoNegativity1 which sums things up for me.

I got confused regarding joining g+1 . Is it complicated or am I missing something?

I like your remark "I find that I have reached a stage in my life where I can completely ignore any negative influences." :)

Very inspirational, thanks. :)

sammiev
June 18th, 2015, 01:20 AM
BlinkinCat; WoW ;

as always

cheers

+1 :)

BlinkinCat
June 18th, 2015, 03:08 AM
I like your remark "I find that I have reached a stage in my life where I can completely ignore any negative influences." :)

Very inspirational, thanks. :)

Thanks for your kind response pretty_whistle - :p

My statement is completely true for me and if it isn't for others then I would suggest it may be a very worthwhile aim to achieve for those people...

It can be done, it may require some work, but if you attain it then the feelings of joy you encounter are unbelievable...

I will be busy getting my blog operational, but that won't stop me popping into Ubuntu Forums games from time to time...relaxation is essential

BlinkinCat
June 18th, 2015, 03:20 AM
+1 :)

Thanks kindly for your vote of confidence sammiev - :p

After a day or so of marking time it is now time to move forward...

At present the blog is not fully operational however I will be attending to that shortly...

I would be flattered if any Forums member bookmarked it, and encourage anyone to join in by adding to any comments if you find subject worthwhile...

Cheers and thanks - :p

CharlesA
June 18th, 2015, 04:01 AM
Looks pretty slick to me. :)

Definitely kicks my website's butt, but I haven't updated my site is a few years. :p

BlinkinCat
June 18th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Looks pretty slick to me. :)

Thanks kindly CharlesA

And thanks again for all of your help for me in the past.

The learning curve is pretty steep, but I find the application of what you learn can be rather satisfying...

Quite a number of you will know that I am rather technically challenged but where some of us may be lacking in some areas we can make it up in others.

Cheers - :)

BlinkinCat
June 18th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Hi All,

I was wondering if it would be O.K. to put "My New Blog" in my signature, along with the present two links of course...

wildmanne39
June 18th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Hi BlinkinCat, I believe it is okay to put your blog in your signature has long as your blog conforms to the CoC and you are allowed up to four lines in your signature.
You can not advertise a business or sell anything in the blog and have it in your signature.
If anyone disagrees they will chime in I am sure.
I do not have final say.

slickymaster
June 18th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Hi All,

I was wondering if it would be O.K. to put "My New Blog" in my signature, along with the present two links of course...

Since you're not talking about any commercial site and since the CoC (http://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules) allows blog links in users' signatures, please go ahead.

BlinkinCat
June 18th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Hi BlinkinCat, I believe it is okay to put your blog in your signature has long as your blog conforms to the CoC and you are allowed up to four lines in your signature.
You can not advertise a business or sell anything in the blog and have it in your signature.
If anyone disagrees they will chime in I am sure.
I do not have final say.

Thanks very much for your prompt reply Wild Man.
At this stage I only envision links in the blog to free material...
If it possibly developed to have potential as a Commercial Site, I would immediately remove the link.

Since you're not talking about any commercial site and since the CoC (http://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules) allows blog links in users' signatures, please go ahead.

Is my summing up in my answer to Wild Man O.K.?
If not let me know...
Thanks very much for your answer slickymaster.

BlinkinCat
June 19th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Hi all,

I have now added a link to my blog in the signature...

The category that I consider is of greatest importance is displayed.

Obviously, there is much more material still to be added over time...

Thank you all for your interest and comments.

BlinkinCat
June 23rd, 2015, 08:38 PM
Hi all,

Yesterday, I did a bit of cleaning up in the blog's "Dreams" page.

http://www.howtorejuvenateyourlife.com/category/dreams/

I also added several quotes that I use in my reasoning for applying my theories.

What do you think of it ?

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

jeff127
June 26th, 2015, 02:16 AM
You should add a low-profile image as a tiled background, one that's large so it doesn't appear to tile, and one that loads up fast enough (perhaps a JPG image). The top of the website looks good but not the background of the content. The page also spans too long for my liking, please limit the posts per page.

BlinkinCat
June 26th, 2015, 03:20 AM
Hi jeff127,

It is with extreme gratitude that I take on board your constructive thoughts.

Let me say that my current way of thinking is such that I am seriously considering abandoning the concept in it's present form.

It is an ultimate desire to produce a completely professional package as I believe this will provide a far superior overall image.

Going down this path then is now at a very early new beginning, I would be virtually starting again.

It has been decided that there would be no advertising at all in the blog (or probable Website)

As much genuine help for individuals is however provided for a fee - it is probably likely there would be links to approved services of this type.

It is anticipated that I would still post progress here if allowed until it was considered by either the forums or myself to be no longer suitable.

As I am at present not in a position to fully finance such a project, it is likely that I would be seeking a partnership or something similar. (hints welcome)

Finally jeff127, your statement re "please limit posts per page" could you expand on this a little please? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Note that due to other commitments, I will be unable to respond to any answer for several hours or so - I am at present busy on other projects.

with kind regards - :)

jeff127
June 26th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Finally jeff127, your statement re "please limit posts per page" could you expand on this a little please? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Simple really, you're displaying too many items on the front page (and in archives) I usually limit the display to only 5 or 7 items per "page", and require a user to click "page 2" to see the next 5 or 7 items. Having too much content overwhelms people. I believe it's best to limit the amount of content displayed, and improve navigation by adding tags and hyperlinks. People won't navigate by manually browsing through your entire archive! That defeats the purpose of electronic data.

BlinkinCat
June 26th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Simple really, you're displaying too many items on the front page (and in archives) I usually limit the display to only 5 or 7 items per "page", and require a user to click "page 2" to see the next 5 or 7 items. Having too much content overwhelms people. I believe it's best to limit the amount of content displayed, and improve navigation by adding tags and hyperlinks. People won't navigate by manually browsing through your entire archive! That defeats the purpose of electronic data.

Hi all, once again after creating quite a lengthy reply, all of the input was lost as I was inadvertainly logged off. So this time I go by the rule of K.I.S.S.

If anyone, including jeff127, has ideas to enable a high quality Non - Profit Site to be created, please contact me via the email address in the Contact Page.

All thoughts and contributions will be gratefully accepted with thanks.

With kind regards,
BlinkinCat

p.s. It goes without saying that for myself,
I do not wish to obtain One cent from the project.

BlinkinCat
June 27th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Hi all, once again after creating quite a lengthy reply, all of the input was lost as I was inadvertainly logged off. So this time I go by the rule of K.I.S.S.

If anyone, including jeff127, has ideas to enable a high quality Non - Profit Site to be created, please contact me via the email address in the Contact Page.

All thoughts and contributions will be gratefully accepted with thanks.

With kind regards,
BlinkinCat

p.s. It goes without saying that for myself,
I do not wish to obtain One cent from the project.

Hi all,

Jeff127 could you kindly contact me via the email address in the blog Contact Page. I am only interested in a quality product. I simply don't see the

point of adding content if the blog is not up to an appropriate standard. The simple truth of the matter is that it isn't... If any one else was prepared

to offer help or constructive criticism via email it would be much appreciated. Jeff all of your suggestions would be considered first, as nobody other

than yourself came up with suggestions of any sort.

With kind regards,
BlinkinCat.

BlinkinCat
July 4th, 2015, 01:04 AM
20th May, 2015 Issued by BlinkinCat.

This was the day I realized that I was truly happy.

I knew from that day forward, my role in life was to instruct others how that they could reach this overwhelming feeling also. I progressively have developed a plan as to how best to go about this:

The present situation is such that I am in the process of creating two Web Sites.

www.howtorejuvenateyourlife.com (http://www.howtorejuvenateyourlife.com) and

www.howtorejuvenateyourlife.org (http://www.howtorejuvenateyourlife.org)

The purpose of the first site is to advise all how they may obtain inner peace : Other than for reasonable costs and allowances, excess income would be allocated to the working capital of the second site.

The second non-profit Site, after reasonable costs and allowances have been deducted would have the sole responsibility of distributing funds to needy charities around the world.

This then is the working plan.