PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 14.04 > Ubuntu 14.10 > Ubuntu 15.04 FAILED!

the-tech-kid
June 15th, 2015, 09:58 AM
So, I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.10. Not a problem, except that my 14.04 installation "was" ridden with bugs, making the internet crash, Firefox break, and my mouse pointer freeze.

And, while I was upgrading, there was an error configuring some packages (code 1 or 0). In fact, too many of them.

Then, after recovering, I was in a mixture of 14.04 and 14.10. To escape from this, I started the 15.04 upgrade. But guess what? Some error, and nothing changed. Except that I run it in the Terminal, and I terminated it in the recovery because my mouse froze again.

Can anybody help, please?

grahammechanical
June 15th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Do a fresh install.

As you have proved, upgrading to a newer version does not repair a faulty system. It is not designed to do that. Upgrades work best if we are upgrading from a default installation to a default installation.

The problems on your system could have any number of causes. Memory, overheating, video driver conflicts. Those are just three that come to my mind. Create a new partition. Install 14.04 in that partition and if the problems remain then you know that they are hardware related. If they are gone, then you know that a fresh install will fix things.

Regards.

RobGoss
June 15th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Hello and welcome, I think as advised it would be better to just do a fresh installation.