PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Users: Any change in speed today?

carl13
August 3rd, 2006, 02:56 AM
Comcast is my ISP and my speed is normally great. Today it is deadly slow. I have ran some bandwidth tests and they are about 3-4 times slower than normal.

Anyone else notice a slowdown with Comcast?

:-k

DirtDawg
August 3rd, 2006, 02:57 AM
I haven't tested it, but the connection seems fine here.

xXx 0wn3d xXx
August 3rd, 2006, 02:59 AM
Comcast is my ISP and my speed is normally great. Today it is deadly slow. I have ran some bandwidth tests and they are about 3-4 times slower than normal.

I have noticed it. Instead of taking 2 seconds to load this one web age it now takes 4-6 seconds. What is going on ?

carl13
August 3rd, 2006, 03:10 AM
Not sure, I hate that you are having trouble too but its nice to know that I am not the only one.

RAV TUX
August 3rd, 2006, 03:11 AM

service on comcast is notoriously sporadic, and depending on the area you live in for speed. Basically if a lot of users are on in your local area your speed will go done.

This is the main reason I switched to Verizon DSL. Service is more reliable and faster having a dedicated line into your house not dependant on your neighbors use.

RavenOfOdin
August 3rd, 2006, 03:14 AM
I've seen a dip in access times for this webpage but that can be due to any number of things.