PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Year Project

jamesdesbyrne
June 6th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Hi there,

I am a third year computer science student in DIT Ireland. At the moment I am looking for project ideas for fourth year. I want to do something related to to Ubuntu or the Ubuntu Phone as it will likely be my next phone. I was thinking of building a mobile app with a web backend and then porting it to the desktop or the android phone. However I am a little low on ideas of what to build or what could be a useful application for the Ubuntu Phone.

One of my current ideas is to make an app that acts as a journal for people playing sports. So they can store there daily journals and share them with their coaches or use another part of the app to evaluate their logs. Being involved in sports myself it is definitely something I would love to have.
I have a few other ideas but they are not nearly as concrete, some I think may be too easy for a fourth year project others very vague and more along the lines of a research project.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated. I'm hoping to get my idea approved within the next week or so, that way I can start working on the project before heading back to college.

Cheers