PDA

View Full Version : How to get free ubuntu/linux stickers! Make your gadget beautiful for nary a penny!

t0p
June 3rd, 2015, 01:02 PM
Assuming you have a printer (or access to one): double-sided sticky tape is your savior! Do a search (I use Google - other search services are available duh!) for "ubuntu stickers" or "linux stickers" or even "cute penguins"! You're bound to find *something* that'll suit ya! Print out the image(s) you like. Then use double-sided sticky tape to affix the pic to your laptop/gadget/whatever. Ta-dah! You have a sticker that shows the world you lurve Ubuntu/Linux/penguins, that will cost very little to create (yeah, the tape isn't free, the ink/printing isn't free, but it's near as dammit free so quite moaning and decorate your laptop! My laptop currently wears a variety of Discordian stickers, but I've got together a bunch of Linux pix that will declare to the world that I'm a "freetard" Linux Ubuntu fan! There are so many suitable images out there waiting for a make-over: I've attached a few, but if you exercise your fingers and do your own search you're bound to find a pic that says you love Ubuntu and you're proud of said love).

Do it peeps! Make your laptop easily as must-have as Gollum's precious! Yeahhh!

t0p

PS Problem with attachments for some godforsaken reason. But I'm sure you get the idea...

t0p
June 3rd, 2015, 01:18 PM
Like this:
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs41/200H/f/2009/026/6/e/Powered_by_Linux_by_augustoschwartz.png

and this:
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/sites/default/files/styles/logo-thumbnail/public/092013/linux-inside-tux_black.png

(There's a bunch of crazy stuph too - just ask google/bing/whatever, he who seeks will find...)

BlinkinCat
June 4th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Thanks t0p, have printed out the first image and ordered some D.S. sticky tape.

Will be great on my Desktop - :p

Mike_Walsh
June 5th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Agree with you there, t0p.

Been doing this for a while myself. One little tip; doesn't matter whether you print with plain paper or photopaper.....to make them waterproof, splashproof, etc,, after you've attached them to the double-sided tape, put a layer of single-sided clear tape on top. Then, stick 'em where you want 'em.

Makes them a wee bit more hardwearing!

Regards,

Mike. ;)

Aidan_St.Louis
June 7th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Sounds like a good idea maybe I'll try it

Aidan_St.Louis
June 8th, 2015, 12:16 PM
I did that and my computer looks awesome!

LastDino
June 8th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Looks worth the shot.