PDA

View Full Version : I can write to NTFS :) Yay !!

richbarna
August 2nd, 2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks to Givré
Here's my howto :-
www.ubuntuos.wordpress.com (http://ubuntuos.wordpress.com/2006/08/02/howto-write-to-windows-ntfs-drive-from-ubuntu-ntfs-3g/)

louis_nichols
August 2nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
great man! keep us updated with stability vs time ;) I think that's the issue on everybody's mind when it comes to writing on ntfs.

matthew
August 2nd, 2006, 10:37 PM
Sweet! Congrats.

richbarna
August 2nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Well at the moment it is Beta, but just to check it, I have been testing all day and not a single glitch. Here is what I have tried :-

1. Copy'n'paste various size files from .txt to an .avi movie.
2. Edited the .txt and watched the .avi movie.
3. Deleted the .txt and the .avi movie

All looking good so far, booted windows no problem, checked if defrag needed, no.

Basically I didn't want to post a howto on my blog without testing it thouroughly first.

To be honest, I don't need this, but some people will so I thought i'd thought i'd road test it on their behalf.

It's not my "howto" by the way, I mixed a couple of howto's and changed a couple of things.

The credit goes to Givré who is also mentioned on my blog, as he messaged me about using the repo's instead of the .deb download with wget.

Mo'men
October 23rd, 2007, 11:42 PM
Gr8 :D

kulturloseramerikaner
October 24th, 2007, 01:46 AM
I've been using NTFS-3g for about 4 mos. now to copy my entire music and photo libraries over to the ******* partition as I add stuff to them; on the lappy, I have an NTFS partition that I share between XP and PCLOS also for media and have yet to encounter an issue w/ any of it.