PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Monitor opaque, as unfocused, blurred. On all netbooks(hp,asus,..).

nick85x
May 31st, 2015, 03:38 PM
Hi dears,
Currently I Xubuntu 14.04.02 LTS on my netbook: Hp mini 210-2006sl and the Asus Eee PC Seashell series.
But I would like to install Lubuntu because it is lighter (as this xubuntu is too heavy after two months of use). But I remember that I tried to install Lubuntu 14.04.02 LTS on both netbook, but both gave me the same problem. The problem is that once installed the monitor appears to me as opaque, unfocused, blurred. I tried to install some "driver", but with no result. I long to format and reinstall Lubuntu, but if no one has ever had a problem like that, I would not start to go in a long process to make sure that I recognize the graphics card at best. What do you think?
Thank you.
See you soon

kerry_s
May 31st, 2015, 04:24 PM
i think your already using the best option. i'm guessing you have only 1 gig ram from the sound of it.
so i'm just going to give you some tips:

1) install zram-config & reboot
2) use google chrome, it's faster than firefox. do the gpu hardware fix.

if possible max your ram out to the 2gb & get a ssd drive.

i use ubuntu-mate on mine, just installed 15.10 about an hour ago, so still working on it. i prefer ubuntu-mate cause there's a few more options that xubuntu just doesn't have.

nick85x
June 1st, 2015, 03:22 AM
Thank you Kerry_s
I tried but It's still very slow, anyway I'd like to use the liter OS Lubuntu. The problem is this ugly recognizing of graphic card probably.
I don't remember if the live cd of lubuntu gave this problem or only after installation. I will try and let you know soon.
Thank you.

kerry_s
June 1st, 2015, 03:37 AM
Thank you Kerry_s
I tried but It's still very slow, anyway I'd like to use the liter OS Lubuntu. The problem is this ugly recognizing of graphic card probably.
I don't remember if the live cd of lubuntu gave this problem or only after installation. I will try and let you know soon.
Thank you.

it's the low ram, it's shared with vid, vid is 256mb, leaving you with little for the os.

you might have to go even lighter than ubuntu, to even smaller os. i started out with a gig ram to, but quickly upgraded to the max 2gb, now i have no issues, no more slow mo. lol