PDA

View Full Version : Marking threads [UNSOLVED]

vasa1
May 31st, 2015, 01:33 PM
If it's thought useful, could somebody with editing privileges please edit https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPostsTeam/SolvedThreads to include the fact that threads can be marked [UNSOLVED] as well by the OP? I tried to edit the wiki after logging in but I suspect this particular page can be edited only by members of the Unanswered Posts Team.

coffeecat
May 31st, 2015, 05:53 PM
There's some weird stuff going on there. It may be you are logged in and the wiki server is telling you that you aren't. Try this:

Go to your linked page and log in. It'll take you to the wiki home page. Now go back to your link. It still tells you that the page is immutable. Click on the Login link. The next page (should) show your name and have the Edit and Info links at left. You could click on edit, or...

Click on Info. Now click on view for the latest revision. You should see the page in your logged in state, and as editable, but with the "Revision 24 as of 2013-12-14 04:53:46" message. If you click on clear message you are taken to the immutable page again. :big_sigh: But you can click on login to get back to the edit link again.

If I click on edit I see the editing page but I haven't tried to save any changes. For that, over to you. :)

By the way, I am a member of the Unanswered Posts team, but not directly, only through being a member of the Forum Council. But it'll be interesting to see if you have editing privileges.

vasa1
May 31st, 2015, 07:00 PM
coffeecat, I'll certainly try it the way you've suggested tomorrow. It's past my bedtime here :)

vasa1
June 1st, 2015, 06:11 AM
There's some weird stuff going on there. ...
coffeecat, this time it worked as it should. There wasn't need for any extra steps.

coffeecat
June 1st, 2015, 08:13 AM
There was a problem a while back with login to the wiki. I can't remember the details though. I wonder if there is still a residual intermittent problem.

Good edit, by the way. Thanks.