PDA

View Full Version : General thoughts konqueror web browser on 15.04

acedia2
May 30th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I am so blown away with having a integrated application/file/browser. Coming from windows 7 to ubuntu and using wine with Konqueror, the experiance is better than actual pay to use software. My computer has never run so smooth, managing user accounts is clean and I have all my external devices working now. Basically I am trying to think of a game I "can't" play and it is getting more difficult each day. I cannot wait for a new 64 bit distro to launch, using my full hardware capabilities will be awesome. Almost considering a new instalment of a older 64bit version, I might wait since I finally have everything configured to what I like.

For some reason 4k video plays better in chrome, what have you guys found to be the best for high quality video streaming and playback? Also I need a way to reduce sound background noise, my headphones and surround for my media station have a slight noise when using higher volumes. It should be a simple fix though. Enjoy!

user1397
June 1st, 2015, 08:21 AM
Hmm I haven't played with it, honestly haven't touched konqueror since maybe kde 3...

I like chrome (and I have netflix which only works on chrome in linux) and I also like dophin (haven't had any issues with it).

jeff127
June 1st, 2015, 10:30 AM
I was using KDE quite recently and I thought Konqueror was great for most browsing, so is Epiphany. I know that Google funds the Firefox project so Konqueror, Epiphany and Midori are the only "true" competition to Google. Pro tip: use Firefox to access your webmail and accounts, and use Konqueror for everything else, and disable cookies and ads in Konqueror! Super fast.