PDA

View Full Version : Undo recent software updating - network screwed up

keergyriah
May 24th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Greetings.

Over the last few days, my internet connection to the router has become really screwed up, taking forever, not connecting, etc. I made no recent changes and suspect the software updater (updated 2x last 5 days) is to blame. Right now I'm using "non-free firmware for linux kernel drivers" for my wireless device which could already be kind of sketchy. But it worked superbly before this.

I followed this post#3 http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1723348 and I suspect that "2015-05-21 14:13:49 upgrade ubuntu-drivers-common:amd64 1:0.2.91.7 1:0.2.91.9" is my problem. Can I undo this specific update, or the other ones?

I'm kinda lost how to do other fixes I've found, which may not apply to this. I also don't want to reboot since I've done a bunch of custom settings via compbiz. Help is much appreciated.

dino99
May 24th, 2015, 04:30 PM
you can downgrade (package > force version) to 0.2.91.4 ( i'm usually doing it with 'synaptic')
but you can also glance at /var/log/dmesg to get more warnings/errors logged

grahammechanical
May 24th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Additional Drivers sits on top of ubuntu-drivers. On my system ubuntu-drivers has nothing to do with the ethernet or Wifi drivers as they kernel modules. Here are a couple of useful commands relating to ubuntu-drivers.

ubuntu-drivers list
ubuntu-drivers devices

Is WiFi listed as one of the devices?

Regards.