PDA

View Full Version : It takes two to tango

rjwood
August 2nd, 2006, 12:07 AM
takes two to tango!!

richbarna
August 2nd, 2006, 01:17 AM
takes two to tango!!

Yeah, your right, i'll leave it. It's just that some times my common sense button fails and I take the bait.

rjwood
August 2nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah, your right, i'll leave it. It's just that some times my common sense button fails and I take the bait.

I know what you mean. I do the same occasionally. It is hard to find the difference between radical anger and justifiable anger sometimes. I usually know when it is justifiable when it come from my heart and soul and radical when it comes from my head or the voice of another.

Anyway rich, you are an intelligent and decent person and therefore will become an expert at identifying the difference of the two more easily as time goes on I believe. GOOD LUCK!

richbarna
August 2nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
I know what you mean. I do the same occasionally. It is hard to find the difference between radical anger and justifiable anger sometimes. I usually know when it is justifiable when it come from my heart and soul and radical when it comes from my head or the voice of another.

Anyway rich, you are an intelligent and decent person and therefore will become an expert at identifying the difference of the two more easily as time goes on I believe. GOOD LUCK!

I would not make a good moderator because I do tend to act on impulse, then see things differently after cooling down and thinking things over.
Everyone has their own personality and their personal experiences will affect their views and actions. We all have different views that may lead to conflict with others every once in a while, and I do try to respect other people's views.

I will say that there is a great diversity of views and personalities on this forum and whether I agree with some people or not, I still respect the fact that they are willing to defend their point of view. I have actually learned a thing or two as well.

Don't you think it is quite comical how some data typed on piece of plastic thousands of miles away can cause so much thought, anger, sympathy?

To put things into perspective, When I see all the bad things that are happening around the world today; starvation, war, crime, natural disasters.
I really don't give a stuff if a moderator closes a thread, relating it to the previous problems, for me personally it is as insignificant as a grain of sand in a canyon of boulders.

rjwood
August 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
I would not make a good moderator because I do tend to act on impulse, then see things differently after cooling down and thinking things over.
Everyone has their own personality and their personal experiences will affect their views and actions. We all have different views that may lead to conflict with others every once in a while, and I do try to respect other people's views.

I will say that there is a great diversity of views and personalities on this forum and whether I agree with some people or not, I still respect the fact that they are willing to defend their point of view. I have actually learned a thing or two as well.

Don't you think it is quite comical how some data typed on piece of plastic thousands of miles away can cause so much thought, anger, sympathy?

To put things into perspective, When I see all the bad things that are happening around the world today; starvation, war, crime, natural disasters.
I really don't give a stuff if a moderator closes a thread, relating it to the previous problems, for me personally it is as insignificant as a grain of sand in a canyon of boulders.

I would bet the majority of us (people) have the same impulse you do. The difference I think is those who know enough to take some time when they recognize their feelings of anxiety as you are learning to do now. Those are people who are evolving or maturing as individuals. Many people never get there, believe it or not. Your on your way, stay on that path. Keep listening and learning to and about yourself.

I too sometimes get down about all the wrongs in life. I see my life as a constant roller-coaster type of ride between peak's and valley's. What I have learned about myself after all these years of this up and down is to enjoy the ride. I have also found that on those occasions in which I go lower, I end up higher afterwards as it seems to be a kind of reward for being in the valley so deep and for so long. So, when I'm at my worst, I look forward to and expect and equal opposite action. I also notice the ride getting more and more comfortable because I've on it for so long.

I would like to say the following about seeing these conversations seeming somewhat trivial.

While I have been there as well, I know that most of the people here will one day if not already be parent's and are going to need to look back in the archives of their memories of things they have heard and read. Those children they will have the privledge to love and care for are who I am here for. If only one sentence on mine helps any one of those people, I have done my job to affect their ease at being a leader, guide and hero to those kids. Whether through agreeing with or opposing my views makes no difference to me. That is the richness of a community. Give and take makes us better people and therefore make the future for those coming after us a brighter day..So, when you exchange idea's and thought's through your words make them as gold as often as possible because your words may change the life of some remote stranger whom you will never meet or know of for the better or the worse..

fuscia
August 2nd, 2006, 06:47 PM

i may be misreading you here, rj, but i see passionate as not necessarily equaling justifiable. many passionate battles have been fought between factions who both felt justified in their causes.

rjwood
August 2nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
i may be misreading you here, rj, but i see passionate as not necessarily equaling justifiable. many passionate battles have been fought between factions who both felt justified in their causes.

I'm not sure whether you mean you don't see it in my statement, or you are saying you yourself don't see it as a personal point of view.

In case the first is what you mean.

I am only speaking for myself, as a personal philosphy.

I sometimes internally mistake radical for justifiable. Wanting to (because of passion) be right, I may become confused, so I take some time to reflect. If I find after reflection, my passion and my choice of reason for existence meet and/or match, I'm usually satisfied I'm justified. That though does not mean I am right. So, being right, I have found to be less consequential to me than being satisfied I have meet my own standard of humanity or co-existence.

fuscia
August 3rd, 2006, 02:31 AM
rj, what does 'radical anger' mean? i've never heard the term before.

rjwood
August 3rd, 2006, 04:26 AM
rj, what does 'radical anger' mean? i've never heard the term before.

What I call radical anger some others may refer to as fundemental anger or raw anger. It's anger at it's roots. As I said earlier, it usually comes from the head or a position which one takes because it is learned from someone elses voice or opinion. Like someone telling you that you ought to be angry about something when you may not be. An example for me would be, if an influential person in my life told me that being gay is wrong and I stood that ground not because I think it is wrong but instead, because a person I respect believes it is wrong. Anger would come out of me in an uneasy way if I attemped to debate that issue on those terms. That's raw anger!

Justifiable anger is anger which is fair or righteous. You know the difference when you are so at ease with it and there is no guilt or anxiety associated with it. The fact is, I don't have a problem with anyone who is gay and therefore I would be justified with myself taking the other position on my terms. For me anyone who prejudges another person because of sexual orientation is wrong and that makes me justifiably angry.

fuscia
August 3rd, 2006, 07:51 PM
Justifiable anger is anger which is fair or righteous. You know the difference when you are so at ease with it and there is no guilt or anxiety associated with it.

you do agree that you are describing a purely subjective process, yes?

rjwood
August 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
you do agree that you are describing a purely subjective process, yes?

As I stated ealier, fuscia. I am only speaking for myself...