PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution hangs after upgrading to 15.04

gpeck157
May 20th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Hi all,
I recently upgraded to v. 15.04 and since doing so, Evolution constantly hangs requiring a reboot of my computer to clear it up. After rebooting, it will finish downloading my email, but is slow to get it done.

I tried reinstalling Evolution, but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Glen

P.S. Please don't respond with why don't you try Thunderbird (or some other program). Thanks...

Vladlenin5000
May 20th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Such problems are seldom solved by reinstalling a program, that's a Windows mentality and a wrong one for that matter because the same issues with configs/profiles (not the main program) also happen and persist after the reinstallation whenever the installer doesn't remove/replace the user profile...

gpeck157
May 20th, 2015, 07:26 PM
... and do you have any constructive suggestions, or are you just bitching me out for my "... Windows mentality?" Your "observations" are not helpful but thanks anyway.

Vladlenin5000
May 20th, 2015, 09:11 PM
The constructive suggestion - removing the settings/profile folder - was implicit. I'm sorry if you missed it.

gpeck157
May 21st, 2015, 11:31 PM
You apparently did not understand my post. I already tried that! By the way, to your Windows thinking comment, I've been using Ubuntu since v. 5.04 and exclusively for the last 3 years. Your condescension I don't need. Like I said, your comments are not helpful. Please refrain from "helping" any more.

Vladlenin5000
May 22nd, 2015, 01:35 AM
You apparently did not understand my post. I already tried that!

I think I did... Where exactly is that written in your original post? You merely stated that
I tried reinstalling Evolution, but that didn't help.
That has nothing to do with what I suggested. And if you already did what I suggested then there are at least a couple of things more to try but I'll let your experience guide you there.

Please refrain from "helping" any more.
Your wish is granted!

Bye. Good luck (talking to yourself)

Bucky Ball
May 22nd, 2015, 07:57 AM
You actually said you reinstalled Evolution, which is NOT the same as clearing the profile and creating a new one, as suggested by Vladlenin5000. As your attitude is becoming inappropriate for these forums and you have pretty much dissuaded anyone from wanting to help you here (and the offensive binary which has now been jailed).:

Thread closed.