PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Only black screen with blinking cursor after first installation

Joos_Kiener
May 8th, 2015, 02:56 PM
I tried installing Lubuntu on my old eeePC T91. It was previously running Joli OS 1.2 (Ubuntu 9 based) which now is retired.

I uses the alternate installer for 15.04. The installation went without any issues. However when I now start the PC it never starts booting. It shows the BIOS screen and then just a black screen with a white blinling cursor (blinking line) and then nothing happens at all. Meaning the system does not boot at all. I tried the installation twice with the same result.

Whats the issue? Is it possibly related with the boot manager? I choose to install it to the MBR? Should I choose a different option?

mörgæs
May 9th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

In a live boot of Joli or another distro please run
sudo lshw -sanitize > lshw.txt and post lshw.txt in CODE tags.

lgd
May 9th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Seems that you need the boot option (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions) nomodeset. Follow the pictured guide please.

Joos_Kiener
May 10th, 2015, 12:07 PM
OK. That solved the issue. i might add that when using unetbootin to create the USB stick for installation I did not have the possibility to set this option. Therefore I suggest do use (at least from windows) the tool rufus to create the bootable USB stick. The PC now boots but the touchscreen does not work properly.