PDA

View Full Version : CrashPlan

Welly Wu
May 7th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Does anyone else here use CrashPlan+? I've read some positive reviews about the company's product and service and I signed up a few weeks ago. I have been an on and off again subscriber for quite some time since the early days when it was not nearly as full featured or polished. I like it enough to keep my monthly subscription, but I'm waiting forever for my initial backup to complete itself. I also found that the upload and download performance is extremely inconsistent at multiple locations which I expected to be the case. I see the value in the product and service which is why I am willing to put up with the inherent disadvantages of cloud based data backup service providers and CrashPlan+ in particular. I do have quite a large amount of data to back up and it's going to take a really long time, but I am thinking about switching to an annual or multi-year subscription plan once the initial backup is done to save more money compared to the monthly plan over the next four years. I was wondering what other customers think and what are their experiences or tips?