PDA

View Full Version : [other] Troubles with ubuntu Mini 15.04

evan8
May 7th, 2015, 01:43 AM
So, whenever I have tried Ubuntu Mini 15.04. I keep getting a timeout error. Has to do with systemd I believe. I downloaded 1 daily build ISo and also tried the official ISO.

14.04 ISO works fine so I ended up doing that and just upgrading.
But any ideas or fix? Once I reboot and it tells me to run dpkg ---configure -a to try to fix but always same thing afterwards.

I install Xorg first and then xubuntu-desktop --no-install-recommends

Anyone else get this?

thanks

evan8
June 8th, 2015, 12:32 AM
NObody else ever got this? I'll try a new ISO. More up to date.

mörgæs
June 8th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Are you able to do a standard install of Xubuntu 15.04?

Bucky Ball
June 8th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Latest is not always the greatest. 14.04 LTS mini works fine? I'd stay with it. It is supported until April 2019. 15.04 is supported until January next year. Unsure why upgrading to something more 'up to date' is going to help. The only release more up to date than 15.04 is 15.10 and that is not released yet. Not til October. 14.04 LTS has been out for over a year and is very stable.

If you are installing xubuntu-desktop like that, why not just install Xubuntu Core? Pretty much the same thing. Installing the Xfce4 desktop environment is really actually all you need. You can then install whatever apps you like.

evan8
June 12th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Yeah. NO issues with anything else. xubunu-minimal full xubuntu .

Yeat @ above. Maybe I'll just grab an older one. I guess it doesn't have any daily ISO out itself. Issue still exist though. Tried some days back. I'll just use an older. Just figured someone else would have also reported the issue. but don't know. thanks

Bucky Ball
June 12th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Yeah. NO issues with anything else. xubunu-minimal full xubuntu .

Not sure what that means, but if you installed Ubuntu minimal ISO then added xubuntu-desktop, you are running Xubuntu and could have installed Xubuntu straight off and not bothered with the minimal install.

As mentioned, you only need xfce4, not xubuntu-desktop.