PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 15.04 d-bus errors.

warren3
May 3rd, 2015, 04:59 PM
Hi.

My system is a Brix with a mSata drive for OS etc. and a 2.5" 500GB drive for my music files.

I upgraded to 15.04 (previously on 14.04) and I am getting a lot of "no object for d-bus interface" errors when I try to access my 500GB drive. At first a reboot seemed to fix it but today I rebooted about 3 times and error persisted. So I took the drive out of APR 127 spin down mode and rebooted and I could access it again. Now I would rather have the drive spin down due to noise.

Is this a bug in 15.04 or is it fixable someway?

I am also getting the odd sbin/plymouthd error when I start Ubuntu as well.

Cheers.

dino99
May 3rd, 2015, 05:27 PM
here is some usefull howtos http://tech.ivkin.net/wiki/Linux_and_Unix_Disk_How_To
forcing a fsck is the first thing i will try; but some other threads are about disk troubles too

rg-pigl
May 28th, 2015, 12:28 PM
I have same, only some drives will mount and others will not mount on boot. 2 usb3 drives are WD Elements: 1 mounts, the other does not. I can see all drives in Nautilus, mounted and unmounted, and get the error for the unmounted drives.

My work-around is to use the app, "disks". 1 click to open app from the unity bar, scroll to drive, 1 click at the black arrowhead to mount the drive. Not a real solution, but quick and easy to get the drives mounted after boot.

Hi.

My system is a Brix with a mSata drive for OS etc. and a 2.5" 500GB drive for my music files.

I upgraded to 15.04 (previously on 14.04) and I am getting a lot of "no object for d-bus interface" errors when I try to access my 500GB drive. At first a reboot seemed to fix it but today I rebooted about 3 times and error persisted. So I took the drive out of APR 127 spin down mode and rebooted and I could access it again. Now I would rather have the drive spin down due to noise.

Is this a bug in 15.04 or is it fixable someway?

I am also getting the odd sbin/plymouthd error when I start Ubuntu as well.

Cheers.