PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 15.04 Install Suspends

UrbanGorilla
April 27th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Attempting to install 15.04 32 bit on a Samsung X50 HWM 760 laptop, which was previously running 14.04.

After some initial failed attempts, I verified the DVD content to eliminate that being the cause. Basically the Live DVD boots and starts the installer, but after a few seconds, the laptop powers down with the green power light on, and the yellow disk light pulsing. This is the same pattern as when I Suspend on 14.04. If I press the power button, the installer resumes, does some more activity and then powers off again. This pattern repeats multiple times, and eventually the Live desktop appears with the Install icon etc.

I've run the installer having pressed Escape so I can see the scrolling console text, and each time the installer powers down the laptop it appears to coincide with "starting anacron jobs".

In the hope that this was only an installer problem, I continued from the Live desktop and did a replace install of the current 14.04 version. The install completed, but the new version has the same Suspend problem, in that it powers down during startup and can then be resumed by pressing the power button. It then powers down again after login a few times, and eventually gets stuck at the login screen after yet another wake from Suspend.