PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Release 15.04 issues?

bob_smith3
April 23rd, 2015, 10:46 PM
Hi all,
I upgraded to 15.04 from 14.10, and the system is far slower, and some of the applications don't even run. And it constantly freezes. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

QIII
April 23rd, 2015, 10:49 PM
Hello!

Just to clarify: did you upgrade in place or do a clean install?

bob_smith3
April 24th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Hello!

Just to clarify: did you upgrade in place or do a clean install?

I upgraded from the "Software and Updates" application, so yes I upgraded in place.

sammiev
April 24th, 2015, 04:14 AM
I never had much luck upgrading. I usually backup all my data and do a fresh install.

15o4 working perfect here.

sgian
April 24th, 2015, 10:41 PM
My new intel computer is working great, but my old (about 10 years) intel with a radeon card and my new amd had some graphics issues on the upgrade in place to 15.04.

craig10x
April 25th, 2015, 12:59 AM
I have been getting 100% perfect upgrades the last 3 releases, including going from 14.10 to 15.04...The only thing that happened on the latest one (to 15.04) was that 2 icons disappeared from my unity launcher, so i had to re-pin them to it again...otherwise another perfect one...I have a 4 year old toshiba laptop with intel graphics...only one ppa (google chrome) which i un check while the upgrade is going on and don't do any major modifications to my system...

TheForkOfJustice
April 25th, 2015, 01:26 AM
Steam won't run. Only issue I'm having on Ubuntu MATE.

Also had a problem with Flash in Chromium until I saw you had to install pepperflashplugin-nonfree to get it to work. It seems flashplugin-installer works with every other browser except Chromium.

EDIT: Got Steam working. After multiple upgrades I found out that Steam had 2 installation spots in my home directory. Deleted the ancient on in the .local directory, made proprietary Nvidia drivers as my default and all is fine now.