PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu GNOME Lock Screen and Screensaver

Joe_Johnston
April 19th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Hello All,

I have searched a great deal and cannot seem to find the specific answer I am looking for. I am wondering is there is a way to use a screensaver with Ubuntu GNOME that allows me to use my revised keyboard shortcut of Super+L that will hide the mouse cursor. Apparently the mouse cursor disappears when I first apply Super+L to lock the screen but when the actual screensaver kicks in it pops the mouse cursor on and keeps the screen blank. I am thankful that at least it is not turning the monitor off the way it does without Xscreensaver running but I would like the mouse cursor to stay hidden while the system is locked and the blank screensaver is running. I know this may seem petty but I am curious if anyone knew of an answer. Thank you.

Joe_Johnston
April 19th, 2015, 06:40 AM
One added piece for consideration: If I do not use a lock screen command, i.e. my Super+L, then the screensaver comes on without showing the mouse cursor. So apparently it is only an issue if I force a lock screen and not letting the Xscreensaver do it after the allotted time. I am not sure if there is a fix for this but if anyone has any input please let me know. Thank you.

Joe_Johnston
April 20th, 2015, 01:36 AM
I have decided to remove Xscreensaver and just use the built-in lock screen that turns off the display as it is a minor delay and works well. If anyone knows of an answer for my previous question then that is great but for now I will use what works.