PDA

View Full Version : DSLR camera cleaning

user_of_gnomes
April 14th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Any owners of DSLR camera's here? How do you keep the mirror clean?

tgalati4
April 15th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I used to use a flat, foam swab and some lens cleaning solution. I'm sure there are some youtube videos on how to do it. Unless a child squirted ketchup on the mirror, I would leave it alone. Unless it is really interfering with the camera's exposure or image-capture, I would leave it alone. Blowing dust and fluid around the inside is generally bad.

coffeecat
April 15th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Art & Design?

Thread moved to The Cafe.

user_of_gnomes
April 15th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I used to use a flat, foam swab and some lens cleaning solution. I'm sure there are some youtube videos on how to do it. Unless a child squirted ketchup on the mirror, I would leave it alone. Unless it is really interfering with the camera's exposure or image-capture, I would leave it alone. Blowing dust and fluid around the inside is generally bad.

What cleaning solution did you use?

I've got a few specks on my mirror and I could get it "professionally" cleaned (and I probably will) but I'm still thinking of cleaning it myself. Can always get it cleaned after I mess it up is what I'm thinking.

Art & Design?

Thread moved to The Cafe.

I would have sworn that I saw "photography" in a description somewhere!

robsoles
April 16th, 2015, 01:12 AM

Can always get it cleaned after I mess it up is what I'm thinking.

...Just my 2 cents: Messed up enough this could turn quite expensive, unless I had supreme confidence that I would definitely not damage anything worse than just not being able to remove some final mark(s) from the mirror, without doing anything risky, I would err towards professional cleaning.

tgalati4
April 16th, 2015, 03:28 AM
I use Pentax lens cleaning solution. 100% isopropol or a decent lens cleaner solution should do it. Don't use too much, just moist enough to loosen the dirt. Then use a clean microfiber cloth around a Q-Tip to buff clean.