PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] xfce vertical panel

cosy2
April 2nd, 2015, 10:09 AM
i have setup the panel vertical and the panel "grow" when i have more and more app's open but here is my question is there any way to config the panel so is only growing on the downside of the screen and not the upside

ajgreeny
April 2nd, 2015, 11:07 AM
Only by unlocking the panel and placing it vertically on the left but right at the top, then as you add items or open windows it will grow down towards the bottom, assuming you have the "Window buttons" applet in the panel.

You can also do this the other way round if you wish, ie grow from the bottom up though new items are always added to the bottom of the panel.

cosy2
April 2nd, 2015, 04:42 PM
sadly i dont want to have the end of the panel on the top of the screen

ajgreeny
April 2nd, 2015, 10:24 PM
sadly i dont want to have the end of the panel on the top of the screen

So position the top where you want it; simple as that. Unlock it and drag it where you want, then lock it again.

I only mentioned putting it at the top as I assumed that was what you wanted. If you tried Lubuntu with LXDE you could always have the panel centered vertically by making the length dynamic, leaving the same space top and bottom automatically. Xubuntu's panel will not do quite the same.

cosy2
April 24th, 2015, 08:17 AM
i still dint find a way to stop the panel growing on the top side seams this build to grow on both sides

kerry_s
April 24th, 2015, 08:54 AM
did you put it in deskbar mode ?
maybe use a dock, i use docky its in the repos.